Total Downloaded
    210.2 KB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Shovelhead Forks Stuck in Yoke

Quote Originally Posted by El Hombre View Post
    I know Andy! People are saying - since he got the shovel out of storage, he's become a recluse. I keep thinking this is the last job, but there's always another one. Last night I went out for a beer, got pissed and bored the shit out of everyone talking about shovels. I need help!
    There is no 'last job' with Shovels Rod. Serviced mine over the weekend, straight forward enough I thought but in doing so it brought my attention to a broken exhaust mount on the frame and a timing inspection hole bolt that was about to leave the motor (threads in case fucked).
    Ended up fabricating a new exhaust bracket, and a retaining plate for the timing hole bolt.
    I'm not complaining though because I love that level of involvement with my bike.
    All the best mate. The enjoyment of motorcycles is not just about the riding for me. It's the problem solving and the riding that follows.
    Hodgie.

Join the Harley-Davidson Riders Club Great Britain

Total Downloaded
    46.79 MB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree,maintenance is a continuous process but I try and divide any faults into red's and green's i.e. do them straight away or record and monitor and do when time/parts are available.

I think with riding any bike of mature years you can't get away without doing an after flight, well not for long anyway. :-)

Total Downloaded
    263.51 MB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if you bored the s**t out of everyone talking about Shovels maybe they need help.
    Last edited by last shovel; 23-07-2019 at 04:00 PM. Reason: don't kno why that '? appears after using italics'

When in danger or in doubt, run in circles scream and shout!

A common mistake made when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

Total Downloaded
    6.56 MB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by last shovel View Post
    if you bored the s**t out of everyone talking about Shovels maybe they need help.
    I think they are self medicating down the pub as I type. I've had my weekly night out and I'm staying in the garage tonight.
    Time out of mind

Total Downloaded
    6.56 MB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Boy View Post
    I agree,maintenance is a continuous process but I try and divide any faults into red's and green's i.e. do them straight away or record and monitor and do when time/parts are available.

I think with riding any bike of mature years you can't get away without doing an after flight, well not for long anyway. :-)
    I agree with all the above, but when one fork is peeing out oil it's not good to leave it if you are planning a long journey. The thing is you only get to know them by using them, but the paradox is you can't use them when they are always in the garage! And so it goes on. The blessing is they keep the brain moving and the reward is the ride. Especially, when you are going to a rally.
    Time out of mind

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12