Thread: Dead Battery...

Total Downloaded
    4.30 MB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dead Battery...

Hi Folks, bought this 2006 Heritage earlier this year, at the time battery was dying.
    Do the Fob thing to get it into "Ignition" mode, bike would hardly turn over, no start, but it would go through the alarm process, and as I got it wrong, the alarm would sound.
    New battery, no problem.
    Today, 6 months later, "Let's go out on the bike", been doing plenty of miles, rallies, days out, usual stuff, Breda etc...
    Go to bike with Fob, nothing, no indicators flashing switch ignition on, nothing.
    Battery off, 8 hours to full charge.
    Now been reading this fine forum this evening about the Alarm battery dying, also the fob battery.
    Are the description above looking like just a dead battery, or am I to start thinking Alarm/Fob battery?
    Thanks,
    Andy

Join the Harley-Davidson Riders Club Great Britain

Total Downloaded
    240.59 MB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Dead Battery...

Hi
    my battery started playing up had a dead cell then the alarm started beeping, sign of a flat alarm battery. New battery and a few days later no beeping so alarm battery must have got full charge, no problems since. I would try a ne fob battery, you can do the code thing with the handle bar switches, indicators i think, must be something on youtube.
    Ade

Total Downloaded
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would say it's your main battery or fob battery. I had the rear wheel off my softail and was doing some servicing I thought I would change the 9volt alarm backup battery which is located behind the rear wheels splash guard As my bike is 13 years old and thought I would replace it after talking to a few dealer including Tony from Jersey HD they all said they never bother replacing this battery as it seems never to fail . So replace your fob batteries and charge your main battery hope this helps. As when people talk about the alarm system there are a few batteries

Total Downloaded
    4.30 MB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for your thoughts. It turned out to be very simple in the end.
    Refitted Battery this morning, alarm deafening, at least that works, fob worked too, bike fired straight away.
    Got one of these power supply units on the handlebars, last used it at the Taliesin Brotherhood Rally, charging phones etc.
    Once battery reconnected, this was still switched on, so I reckon this has been the drain. Maybe a bit of damp in there...
    Switched off, and will have alook in a couple of days.
    According to Forums online, I need a Duracell 2023 for the Fob.
    Thanks again Folks.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FLAT BATTERY 01.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	73.2 KB 
ID:	32828Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FLAT BATTERY 02.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	75.4 KB 
ID:	32829