Total Downloaded
    508.24 MB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

New Membership System

Hi Members and lurkers waiting to join.

The Club is updating the way we deal with memberships, the committee voted on the final set of proposals at the committee meeting on Saturday 3rd August.

I've been testing the new system for several months, and it is now in a position to be made "live".

The new system should make joining, renewing and updating details much easier than it has been previously.

All the existing member accounts have been transferred onto the new system and linked to Associate and Junior memberships.

Access to individual account is by logging in with your registered email address, (Associate and Junior are the same as the full member) if you can't remember or have changed your email details, email me from your current email account with your name and membership number (only email, not text, phone, PM, Facebook etc ) to membership@hdrcgb.org.uk and I'll change your details to the email account you are using and send you a confirmatory welcome message.

You can log in here. CHECK MY DETAILS

Once in your account, you can confirm and amend your personal details, select a Region, set a password, (or just sign in by email each time), even download a copy of your membership card to store on a mobile device, click the link above to check your account.

The "must haves" for the new system were the ability to retain existing membership numbers, also to allow payment by cheque, and postal applications via the PO Box, these are still available.

Security was also an important concern, no payment details are retained or processed within the software, online payments are via Paypal and you can pay using a debit or credit card even if you don't have a Paypal account.

The membership card has been re-designed and given a make over, and should look something like this, we are finalising the details this week.

Name:  New1 Cards.jpg
Views: 600
Size:  74.5 KB

As the new system is introduced, and memberships get renewed, the cards will changeover to the new design, and will be sent direct from the printers, as will your copy of the Quin if you select a hard copy, nothing will be routinely sent by membership (Yayy )

One of the failings of the old system was it didn't send out renewal reminders, the new system does, if you have an email address registered, they will be sent 1 month before expiry, 9 days before expiry, 1 day before expiry, and 28 days after expiry. Please check your recurring Paypal payment is set to pay before January 28th. If it is set to pay later than January 28th, please cancel it and pay on the renewal reminder that will be sent.

We have also made the decision to introduce rolling memberships, new members will pay membership fees for 12 months, with renewal being on the anniversary date 12 months later removing the old end of year renewals. Existing memberships that expire 31st December will continue to do so.

Please login and check your details, amend them where required, and if you have any questions regarding your personal account, email membership@hdrcgb.org.uk, don't post personal information on here, general questions regarding the system can be asked on this thread.

Please remember we are all volunteers, so a response may not be immediate.

Cheers
    Oddjob.
    Last edited by Oddjob; 05-08-2019 at 12:05 AM.
    Was Hogjob, now Oddjob same $h*t different name.

2015 Street Glide Special FLHXS "Ginger Marmaglide"
    1990 Electraglide FLHTC
    1975 SX250

They say its a fine line between Genius and Madness. I have replaced the line with a banana

Club Membership Secretary.

Join the H-DRCGB CLICK HERE

Join the Harley-Davidson Riders Club Great Britain

Total Downloaded
    40.66 MB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Re: New Membership System

First of all credit to the Committee for finally coming round to this. I remember first proposing rolling memberships long before I became Prez in 2008, and there was always a reason (often to my mind spurious) why it couldn't be done.

I would suspect that even fifteen years on it was by no means unanimous, so well done to those who have put the hard yards in.

This can only be beneficial to the Club's future.
    Much less involved.....

Total Downloaded
    812.83 MB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Paul.

Just checked my det
    ails, all OK.

Last edited by FXSTC Dave; 05-08-2019 at 01:21 AM.
    FXSTC Dave.

Total Downloaded
    701.82 MB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kevscrivener View Post
    First of all credit to the Committee for finally coming round to this. I remember first proposing rolling memberships long before I became Prez in 2008, and there was always a reason (often to my mind spurious) why it couldn't be done.

I would suspect that even fifteen years on it was by no means unanimous, so well done to those who have put the hard yards in.

This can only be beneficial to the Club's future.
    Technology has come a long way since you and many of us asked for this to happen and not only the program to enable it but someone who had the knowledge and commitment to do it.
    To think it was "Spurious" to not have done it before is a bit harsh and unnecessary to say IMHO.
    Thanks Paul you're doing a great job for us all and we will now avoid the yearly renewal every December period where so many members either forget their own personal password or even to rejoin.
    And from what I saw at the committee meeting it was a unanimous decision to go ahead.
    Onwards and upwards.
    wine [there is the] truth"
    ....Black Bikes and
    .....Trucks Matter

Total Downloaded
    40.66 MB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BaZa View Post
    T
    To think it was "Spurious" to not have done it before is a bit harsh and unnecessary to say IMHO.
    Well the usual one was that members might not be able to show their cards at an AGM. That's spurious enough for me.

The technology's been there for years mate ; the VMCC have managed to have rolling membership for decades and even allowing for the fact that we are a much smaller club we've been rather slow to the party on this one.

I do however fully agree that it needed the right people.
    Much less involved.....

Total Downloaded
    701.82 MB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

VMCC have full time paid staff and offices not a comparison really. Let's just embrace the new system instead of bringing up the past.
    Oh and the members cards will be electrically registered at future AGM's. That's a wow factor.
    As I said...onwards and upwards.
    Last edited by BaZa; 05-08-2019 at 07:16 AM.
    wine [there is the] truth"
    ....Black Bikes and
    .....Trucks Matter

Total Downloaded
    7.43 MB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New card looks good.
    Time out of mind

Total Downloaded
    12.75 MB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great news - well done to all involved.

Rolling membership will make budgeting/finance more difficult going forwards - but removes the huge annual marathon of issuing cards and the unenviable task of answering all the related queries that go with it.

Electronic registration of cards at AGMs - whatever next....

Total Downloaded
    2.04 MB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good piece of work. Thanks to all involved.

Total Downloaded
    508.24 MB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Bump ....
    Was Hogjob, now Oddjob same $h*t different name.

2015 Street Glide Special FLHXS "Ginger Marmaglide"
    1990 Electraglide FLHTC
    1975 SX250

They say its a fine line between Genius and Madness. I have replaced the line with a banana

Club Membership Secretary.

Join the H-DRCGB CLICK HERE

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast