Thread: Bretton's what a gem of a place for used, nearly new and some new spares

Total Downloaded
    15.26 MB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bretton's what a gem of a place for used, nearly new and some new spares

So at the recommendation of a club member, (Barry) and given that its only 40 minutes away from my house; I whizzed over to Bretton motorcycles in Chester in search of a few used bits. Dead easy to find and more of why thats important later.

What an awesome place, I loved it and Russel is a hell of a nice bloke and there is free coffee. I think his name was Russel anyway. Normally everyone is Dave as my memory fails so reckon it really could be Russel

Now i guess if you love that squeaky clean, sanitised feel of a dealer ship, this place could be a personal hell but for me it was awesome. Mind i was looking for the chained up oily Alsation trying to rip my throat out,
    Containers full of exhausts, wheels, forks, shit i have no idea WTF it is, running TC engines and boxes, brake callipers, starters etc etc plus couple of cheap running bikes as well. They have just broken a TC with the black engine and box and have everything bar the frame
    Got my breathers there so chuffed to fuck.
    I guess most old timers on here will know of them already but for any newer members, its a place to make a note of in case you need something, dont mind it being used, and dont want raping in the dealership.
    Note they dont list parts on their website and are pretty busy to go looking for stuff out back, hence its worth the trip out and visit for something a bit unusual but give them a call. They rooted around for ages to find my bits
    I feel a whole lot better knowing there are places like this still around
    Hope its ok to give these guys a plug and its not contravening any club rules

Join the Harley-Davidson Riders Club Great Britain

Total Downloaded
    40.24 MB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Re: Bretton's what a gem of a place for used, nearly new and some new spares

Russ is a good bloke and knows his stuff. Used to be the go-to for Ironhead bits but I don't think he does so much old stuff nowadays.
    Much less involved.....

Total Downloaded
    15.26 MB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To be honest Kev, i didn't see any big lumps of shovel or iron head sporty but thats not to say it isn't there as there was an upstairs i didn't get into and a closed off area
    There was a wall full of old dust covered stuff in boxes that may well belong to the old stuff. I was too focused on the newer 20 year old stuff.
    Given there is free coffee and its a nice ride out, I can see it being a regular visit place as there always bits you need or may need one day

Total Downloaded
    28.38 MB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have had a few bits from Russ, the last one being a set of crash bars for my Glide. £20.00
    Good place to visit.
    Three wheeler clerk

Total Downloaded
    2.55 MB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Really good, highly recommend Bretton Motorcycles , bought my Twin Cam Heritage grom them- awesome!