Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Padstow Ride

Total Downloaded
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Padstow Ride

How do John, we loved your stunning part of the world we started off near Sidmouth and Beer which was great especially because it was dry and sunny, we visted many places of interest i.e. Brixam, dartmouth. Fowey, Cockington, mousehole, Charlestown, we walked for 5 rainy days on dartmoor and a couple of dry ones on Bodmin the worst camp site is at Pra sands its horrendous so keep well away we moved onto St ives and we walked many sandy stunning beaches we enjoyed Port issac plus many other places, i wasnt keen on Woolacomb but illfracomb was good but we didnt get our fish n chips from Darrens chippy i think we just missed him i think we had one last look at Croyde and it was here that i really thought well i like North devon on the Atlantic side would be the place i could definetly see myself living. we are planning next years trip especially in North Devon from Illfracomb to Barnstaple so if you have any villages that aint far off the coast that would really interest us then please let me know, and we will meet up this time but im not wearing dungereees

Join the Harley-Davidson Riders Club Great Britain

Total Downloaded
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bolton737 View Post
    Oh no, we only open evenings can’t believe I missed you. Hopefully next time buddy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ah well I will visit next year that fish will be even bigger then

Total Downloaded
    10.24 MB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

next year you must stay with us for a few days ,,

i could get you a job on the railway electricians are in demand !!

jon
    (old iron ass)

BMW R80GS winter hack
    1978 FLH80 SHOVELHEAD
    1950 EL hydra glide PANHEAD

Total Downloaded
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by devon.john View Post
    next year you must stay with us for a few days ,,

i could get you a job on the railway electricians are in demand !!

jon
    we will definitely stay with you my friend, 4 weeks on the deck was about enough I had about 1" of air between me and mother earth a bed would have been bliss. Now then a job offer its interesting, i'm my leaving the railway up here in 18 months that will be 38yrs in and don't I know it but I cant wait till we find a place down you neck of the woods. I love the Atlantic side the area from Barnstaple to Illfracomb was right up my street I presume Croyde is very expensive but I suppose if you come in land a couple of miles the price comes down a touch

Total Downloaded
    10.24 MB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

a good frend of mine told me he could get you a job as a electrician on the railway based in Nth Devon

as you say Croyde is expensive as most villages close to the sea ,,

john
    (old iron ass)

BMW R80GS winter hack
    1978 FLH80 SHOVELHEAD
    1950 EL hydra glide PANHEAD

Total Downloaded
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

cheers for that John, it will be 18 months to 2yrs before we get there but its something worth thinking about, I thought that Croyde would be expensive as with many coastal villages but I presume even just a couple of miles from the coast the price drops slightly. I had a word with Stags and they are keeping us informed of something interesting that comes up I even suggested that maybe someone could be moving this way with a similar property which could lead to some kind deal developing you never know as we are only 16 miles from the lakes so someone might be interested.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123