Thread: Winter riding

Total Downloaded
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Winter riding

Hi All,
    just a question does anyone on here ride their Harley all year round?
    Not in snow of course, but rain or salty roads ??
    Just wondering what the thoughts are on this or is it considered sacrilege to even show a Harley a salty road.

Join the Harley-Davidson Riders Club Great Britain

Total Downloaded
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Winter riding

I used to ride all year round, not so much now. Just make sure you blather the bike in Acf50 and be realistic. It ain't going to come out the other side looking like a show bike but you can keep the worst at bay and still enjoy winter rides.
    "It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt"

Total Downloaded
    31.29 MB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I ride in winter and my bike lives outdoors under a cover.It's got scars and some rust but it's for riding,not hiding.
    I'm not cynical,just experienced. NEVER TRUST ANYONE WHO WEARS A SUIT TO WORK.

Total Downloaded
    135.77 MB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roach View Post
    I ride in winter and my bike lives outdoors under a cover.It's got scars and some rust but it's for riding,not hiding.
    Snap.
    Acf50 is a must

Total Downloaded
    58.34 MB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I ride all year on my 96 Ultra. Fully agree with the AFC50 applied with a brush. I also like Scott Oil 365. Its water based and you need to re-apply on a regular basis but it works a treat just spray it on when the bike is wet (not a problem in the winter) and the water just sheds off , then it leaves a waxy coating. The good thing is that it creeps in everywhere through capillary attraction. Once winter starts I never wash the bike, just apply more goo. The bike looks really great by spring but it all washes off with a good dose of Muck Off.

Total Downloaded
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cheers guys,
    i am probably looking at a Heritage Classic as it really ticks every box for me. But two up touring will be on the cards and I don't want a bike that will rot in bits after a seasons use.
    I use ACF50 on my current bike even though it's not a custom, so am well versed in its use.
    Dan

Total Downloaded
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Boy View Post
    I ride all year on my 96 Ultra. Fully agree with the AFC50 applied with a brush. I also like Scott Oil 365. Its water based and you need to re-apply on a regular basis but it works a treat just spray it on when the bike is wet (not a problem in the winter) and the water just sheds off , then it leaves a waxy coating. The good thing is that it creeps in everywhere through capillary attraction. Once winter starts I never wash the bike, just apply more goo. The bike looks really great by spring but it all washes off with a good dose of Muck Off.
    I used to use Scottoiler FS 365 on my old bikes but after seeing this video I'm not sure I'm going to be using it on my Harley, will just stick to ACF-50.

(Warning: NSFW, lots of swearing)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0DpnjvS25E&t=1s

Total Downloaded
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ride all year but its normally on a Triumph or CCM scrambler, where I live it's not so much the salt or the rain it's the farm shite I live in a farm area bloody hundreds of em and they bring half the field out through the gate so its ain't Harley time from Nov to End of Feb

Total Downloaded
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the video snerkler. Was wondering what you were going to do with the road King.
    Cheers Army too, although I am in Wigan, my business is in Burnley and I am always around Lancs and Yorkshire country lanes. So I know exactly what you mean

Total Downloaded
    10.24 MB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i use BMW for the winter it seems to work just fine ,, no rust or salt on the Harleys,,

just remember the out of session little gathering start in OCTOBER the ekcy thump rally in NthYorkshire ,

and just started to get something up and running in SCOTLAND for November

john
    (old iron ass)

BMW R80GS winter hack
    1978 FLH80 SHOVELHEAD
    1950 EL hydra glide PANHEAD

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast