Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Winchester pub crawl 7 Dec 2019

Total Downloaded
    85.45 MB

Winchester pub crawl 7 Dec 2019

Winchester pub crawl

New Forest Winchester pub crawl

Meet in Wetherspoons The Old Goalhouse Jury Street.
    6pm, moving on after food.

Last edited by spakey; 02-09-2019 at 12:57 PM.
    A.K.A. Spankey
    New Forest Rep.
    Region 19

Join the Harley-Davidson Riders Club Great Britain

Total Downloaded
    3.11 MB

Re: Winchester pub crawl 7 Dec 2019

Go on then if I must!

Assistant Rep & Treasurer
    Region 19 New Forest

Total Downloaded

I'll be there, not sure about Alison yet...

Total Downloaded

We will be there.
    Jojo

[IMG]Jpeg[/IMG]
    Assistant rep

Total Downloaded
    728.54 MB

BUMP!
    Darren Thomas
    Member No:010141

Total Downloaded
    85.45 MB

We're catching the train late afternoon, see you at Wetherspoon
    A.K.A. Spankey
    New Forest Rep.
    Region 19

Total Downloaded
    21.44 MB

See you all in 'Gaol'
    Steve Fosberry
    Member 08916

Total Downloaded
    3.11 MB

Well I joined the advance party of Darren & Libby, Steve & Pauline, Mark & Alison, Jim & Jo at The Old Gaol house at 6.45pm, there was an offshoot group of Simon & Mary and some friends also some distance away in another part of the pub.

After about 1/2 hour and with nobody else turning up we were beginning to wonder what was going on and was our small group going to be it?

Of course we need not have worried when Finally more troops started to drift in Pat, JTO, Dave, Bill & Judy had been "delayed" having stopped for a couple of pints with their meal at the pub across the road from Pats where they were dossing down for the night. Al Kinsey & Sharmaine, Steve & Tina and later on a couple of pubs in Colin joined us making a final tally of 20 of us.

Being Christmas I felt I just had to start with a pint of Rednose Reinbeer from the Cotleigh brewery a very drinkable beer made even more so at only £1.99 a pint, you can't beat a good spoons that's what I say! Needless to say certain people who shall remain nameless( Darren, Mark,Alison) were drinking quicker than others so a 10 minute till we move on shout out was brought into play to try and get some coordination within the group to finish drinks at the same time before somebody bought another pint.
    Before we left Patrick did take a photo of an old picture hung on the wall of a distant relative of Bills who bore an uncanny resemblance to him.

So with our group intact we progressed down the high street to The Bakers Arms which was very busy and then made even more so by our numbers , but like last year we finally got served, again a good choice of 3 beers ranging from Doombar at £2.00 a pint to Hobgoblin Gold and London Pride at £ 2.20 . It's funny the vast difference in beer prices between the various hostelries in Winchester! We stayed there for quite a while with some of our group sat outside and others remaining inside in the warm.With beer at those prices it meant that most of us managed a few pints before it was time to relocate .

A quick dash up the road to the William Walker which again was busy and had a female singer in one corner of the bar drawing in a few extra punters.I must say a good selection of beers for a Fullers Pub from what I recall, Seafarers, HSB and London Pride but somewhat pricey compared to the previous establishments. We stayed for some time but eventually the lure of somewhere new beckoned so move on we did. A short walk round the corner to The Eclipse where once the landlord got over the shock of our numbers staggering through the door we were made very welcome. I seem to remember having a pint of Timothy Taylors Landlord rather than Doombar or a couple of others that were on offer ,but sadly by now things were starting to get a bit foggy on the memory front.
    It was at this point that we lost the first two casualties of the night when Mark & Alison had to leave as their lift home had arrived. As per usual though Mark managed to neck one pint "for the road" just to top up.

Finally it was the long stagger up the hill back to The Old Gaol to finish off the evening, even by this late stage we managed to stay together and were relieved to find the pub by now a lot quieter as the "youngsters" had headed off to the clubs .Finally I think it was around midnight The lovely Libby offered me a lift home who managed to ignore the frequent requests from a drunken Darren in the back of the car to stop for a kebab, kebab, KEBAB,KEBAB for most of the trip back!

Well done to all of you who came along and made it such a good laugh as always and I think we can congratulate ourselves on our stamina. Hopefully Pat will have tidied up the house from all his "Lodgers" before Fran gets home later today and hopefully the Spakeys Airbnb was up to scratch.

Thanks everyone.
    Last edited by andy real ale; 08-12-2019 at 01:41 PM.

Region 19 New Forest

Total Downloaded
    3.11 MB

Sorry for the late report but I got halfway through and had to stop for a Bacon Buttie Break and more coffee...……..well you got to really.

Region 19 New Forest

Total Downloaded
    85.45 MB

Excellent post Andy, I'm amazed you can actually recall all that detail give the drinking pace of the evening. I can confirm the Air BB was good and we returned to the 'Spoons' for breakfast. Great night, thanks all for attending and Darren for organizing
    A.K.A. Spankey
    New Forest Rep.
    Region 19

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast