Thread: Changing jiffy stand on 2000 dyna wide glide - doable with fat fingers ?

Total Downloaded
    15.26 MB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Changing jiffy stand on 2000 dyna wide glide - doable with fat fingers ?

Quick question if I may to anyone who has swapped out the jiffy stand on a dyna with the primary still in place.

My clymer and downloaded workshop manual has nothing in them about swapping out a jiffy stand but did find something on line, from a workshop manual (?) about swapping them out but having a quick play now revealed it is bereft of space for fat fingers and spanner access.
    Managed to get a reasonable angle to access the bolt that secures the jiffy stand by blocking up the stand but only for the open ends of a spanner and not the ring however bolt is now loose
    Now question is from anyone who has done it, is it possible for fat fingers to get the "clip" in place on the new stand and get the bolt back in given the restricted finger space under the primary?
    The nut is supposed to be torqued to 19 ft/lbs but can't see anyway to get that so it will be as tight as i can before the flats spin the head and loads of loctite or am I missing a trick or 12????
    Last edited by seanofmacc; 11-09-2019 at 11:19 AM.

Join the Harley-Davidson Riders Club Great Britain

Total Downloaded
    15.26 MB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Changing jiffy stand on 2000 dyna wide glide - doable with fat fingers ?

I'll answer this. yes it is possible with fat fingers but is a right bastard and you are far better off finding someone with long skinny fingers

Total Downloaded
    15.26 MB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Changing jiffy stand on 2000 dyna wide glide - doable with fat fingers ?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7728.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	66.6 KB 
ID:	33082No idea why that's come out upside down but thats how much space there is to do this, just saying.