Total Downloaded
    7.43 MB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Round the World Shovelhead

Got this from Dales Wheels Through Time

Stanley Sieja completed a trip around-the-world on this 1977 Harley Davidson FLH Electra-glide in just two years. This machine features a 74 cubic inch Shovelhead engine and four-speed transmission. It’s equipped exactly a Stanley wrote it on his around the world journey. We salute Stanley for serving our great country and obtaining the ranks of Captain in the USMC.

Stanley had electronic ignition fitted before he left, but it packed up in the back of nowhere. He found a garage nearby, but they had never heard of electronic ignition and offered him some rice and fried cockroaches instead.

Luckily he had a set of points in his tool kit and was on his before being attacked by a 30 foot python.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	71911049_10156730063017901_346866184504737792_n.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	91.5 KB 
ID:	33233
    Time out of mind

Join the Harley-Davidson Riders Club Great Britain

Total Downloaded
    17.37 MB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Round the World Shovelhead

Another of those dreadful, unreliable AMF era bikes :-)
    Boris

Total Downloaded
    12.11 MB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Re: Round the World Shovelhead

Looking again the bike has reminded me of meeting a couple on a BSA A65 (single carb...so that would be a Thunderbolt, not a Lightning..?) on the Thames embankment on my way home from work. The bike looked just like that, swamped with luggage and the motor shaking slightly loose in the frame. He said they were on the way home from a grand tour to Israel and back, he was so close to home that he would sort out the motor mounts then. I didn't bother to mention my trips to Italy!