Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Forum

Total Downloaded

Re: The Forum

Quote Originally Posted by AndyJ View Post
    This conversation straight from FB, Some might not like it...
    "Yo Bro', Awesome breakfast you photo'd at the Rally, was it bought in a Pub?"
    "Yo Bro', no I cooked it on the BBQ, had the motor home, y'know",
    "That's Awesome Bro', did you have the bike with you?"
    "Yes, mine and Benjamin's bikes on the new HD XLCR 1000 Twin Bike Trailer, it's the Real Biker's choice".
    " Wow Philip, that is sooo cool, I was told there was a bike show at the rally, any photo's?"
    "No photos Bro', most of the bikes had no makers name on the tanks, just all these flames and stuff, so don't think there were many HD there, Bro'
    " Would have been good to see pics of bikes"
    " Got some photos of mine and Benjamin's bikes sitting on the trailer, will post them later on the Golf Club FB Page"
    " Your such a crazy guy, Philip, wish I had a bike"
    "I have name plates on the trailer, Benjamin and Philip, but one of those nasty MC badge wearers, felt penned over the names, and put BEN DOON and PHILL McCavity, not sure what that means, Bro"
    "I've heard these MC guys are quite a tough lot, did you get to chat to any?"
    "Oh yes, Bro', one was at the Bar, and said to the Barmaid, 4 Stella, and He's paying, pointing at me, I was chuffed!!!"
    " Great stuff, you old toughy, see you at the Golf Club tomorrow, Bro'".....
    Andy my wife and many others are on 40 face book well most of them are and ive read some shite when its been pushed in my face, your clip from fake book is about right and I have met and seen loads of these type of wankers I actually met one clown at a HOG rally who told me he wears black leathers coz he said folk think they are scary also he has a HD for his wife even though she doesn't ride but he likes to tell his neighbours that he has his n hers Harleys Grr I had to walk away whilst he still had his own teeth

Join the Harley-Davidson Riders Club Great Britain

Total Downloaded

i forgot to say welcome back to the chosen few the Forum was running on empty

Total Downloaded
    3.19 MB

The trouble is you do feel like giving up with the forum.

I post up on our regional forum and still get a reasonable response(lot less than it used to be mind you) on most things and we have an active bunch of regional members!

But as far as the beer tent and other forums..............R.I.P.

Still when Facebook has world domination perhaps they might be able to pay a realistic amount of tax to HMRC.

Assistant Rep & Treasurer
    Region 19 New Forest

Total Downloaded

Your right Andy but I often wonder why some folk pay membership subscriptions because I bet there are numerous members who dont attend anything or place a new post on the Forum now that will most likely rattle a few cages with " ooh i dont have to do anything to be a member" yep you don't, it's like going to a party and standing in a corner facing the wall. Well everyone to there own but come on guys you own an iconic motorcycle and belong to one of the biggest clubs in Europe so please participate in something. Right I've got my kevlar helmet on awaiting incoming

Total Downloaded
    739.51 MB

The Forum seems to rattle along nicely with a few peaks of intense posting when there are sensitive topics posted (ie. Federation is one recently).

Let's not forget it is nearly the end of October, the Rally season has pretty much ended (apart from the hardened few) and majority of folk are either with their feet up watching Bake Off LOL!!, or tinkering in the garage making changes/upgrades/general servicing etc to their ride for next year.

Majority of any remaining banter (other than how long do you leave pastry in the fridge for) seems to be on FaceBook these days, but this is due to the fact that if you are a member of a FB Group, you get instant notifications of posts and can join in the banter as and when the mood takes you, wherease on a Forum you have to login and search for posts.

Mind you, even FB tends to get a little quiet this time of year for bike related stuff for the same reasons as mentioned above.

If you pay for a HDRCGB membership, there is nothing to say you must get involved. It's a choice some folk make and some don't, but the membership cost benifits everyone so no harm in it and The Quinn is worthy of the membership cost alone IMO, so no different than perhaps subscribing to a magazine subscription for those who just want to enjoy a good bike related read.
    Darren Thomas
    Member No:010141

Total Downloaded
    4.30 MB

You're right Andy,
    This is one of the biggest clubs in Europe, with a great history etc, and you can't force people to look at this forum, but, this is my opinion, ALL Reps should go on the forum as well as the other platforms.
    I suspect some do, maybe all do.....
    I came up with my smart little "story" yesterday for a smile, remembering after Army's comment, a good while ago, pepple used to wear "Drz-a-Bone" Coats, remember them?
    Think you looked cool, but not so clever going over Saddleworth Moor on the M62 in the pissing rain!!

Total Downloaded
    85.54 MB

Forum access is a breeze with 'Tapatalk', you can set notifications that appear on your smartphone similar to FB. Adding photos is also easy so long as you haven't got hundreds to post. I've noticed some increase in it's use, if you use Tapatalk is shows a little Tapatalk symbol next to the post. Maybe the forum would get a boost if we promoted the ap a bit.
    A.K.A. Spankey
    New Forest Rep.
    Region 19

Total Downloaded
    24.99 MB

Well said Steve.
    I hardly ever use the forum directly.
    I read all the posts on Tapatalk, with the notifications, I see the posts within a minute of it being published.
    I post occasionally, and find Tapatalk easy to use.
    The thread on my dyna rebuild earlier in the year was all posted via Tapatalk.

I have to say I much prefer the forum to Facebook.
    There's far too much crap on the FB sites. Plus I'm not comfortable with all that user data they collect!

Only put off until tomorrow what you are willing to die having left undone
    The Tool Guy

Total Downloaded
    739.51 MB

Chaps, can one of you post up where/how to download Taptalk as I can't seem to find any info? Cheers
    Darren Thomas
    Member No:010141

Total Downloaded
    160.48 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzlin View Post
    Chaps, can one of you post up where/how to download Taptalk as I can't seem to find any info? Cheers
    Tapatalk, my arse

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast