Thread: The Harley Eagle

Total Downloaded
    12.83 MB

The Harley Eagle

Cabin fever seems to have set in early this year ;-)

So I thought I'd try and distract you with this article about some of the artwork from the AMF era:-

http://psmithartstudio.com/paul_smith_theeagle.html

Join the Harley-Davidson Riders Club Great Britain

Total Downloaded
    14.54 MB

Re: The Harley Eagle

Great stuff!
    1989 FXST Softail Standard

1988 FLHS Electra Glide Sport

Living well is the best Revenge...

Total Downloaded
    12.20 MB

Quite a few people got very annoyed with HD when they began to actively protect their trademarks but, apart from examples of corporate zealot lawyers, I kind of sympathised because I remember one could readily find "No1" designs and this eagle design with just about everyone elses bike brand. I also remember HD, understandably, didn't like seeing their logo on all those drug paraphernalia items we'd see in the Easyriders small ads.
    (newer members may like to know that the clubs in the EuroFed have a gentlemans agreement with HD to not use the "Bar & Sheild" logo as club badges - though you can find stylised dirivatives such as Club Norways badge)

Total Downloaded
    7.43 MB

I note the Lib Dem’s logo has a similarity to the standard bar and shield
    Time out of mind

Total Downloaded
    263.51 MB

Hype! Hype! Hurrah!

We, our National Psyche still smarting from the ignominy of "losing" the Vietnam conflict, were quite ready to embrace just about any expression of self-aggrandisement and behold! our 200th Birthday was just in time to provide the excuse and the vehicle.
    I keenly recall the disgust my pals and I had to see all the kinds of eagles plastered everywhere on everything from baby-rattles to the hoods of Pontiac Firebirds.
    This was also the time when the 'Live-to-Ride-Ride-to-Live' was adulterated from a mostly under-stated or softly-spoken byword of close companionship to a rabidly hyped commercialized jingo perpetrated on an unsuspecting public.

nice find.

the edit part: With the echo of Eric Burton's, "oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood....", ringing in my ears, it's incumbent upon me to add here; that The Eagle and the Live-to-Ride thing had in common a thing with AM radio in that they, the dj's, would play a good song to death (or 20 tears space of not wanting to hear it again). I like eagles well enough although I do like owls better; even though one of the latter breed nearly forced it's way inside my helmet one balmy Tampa night... at speed, but that's another story.
    Last edited by last shovel; 03-11-2019 at 02:46 PM.

When in danger or in doubt, run in circles scream and shout!

A common mistake made when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

Total Downloaded
    12.20 MB

Quote Originally Posted by El Hombre View Post
    I note the Lib Dem’s logo has a similarity to the standard bar and shield
    - probably trying to hi-jack some of the prestige our Gatwick Presidents Meeting generated......

Total Downloaded
    29.82 MB

Name:  Image-1.jpg
Views: 67
Size:  18.3 KB

As a matter of interest, I still have the original screen from my 1976 Glide complete with Eagle sticker.
    Three wheeler clerk

Total Downloaded
    12.20 MB

Somewhere I have stashed a Liberty Edition eagle fairing, bit tired - someone was going to junk it so I took it. (intended to put a lamp in it up on the wall, wife prefers those crappy constantly replacing mini-spot light bars!)