Total Downloaded
    28.76 MB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Help wanted

Hi all,
    I have been asked by a pal of mine to look into a 1913 twin motor that is for sale in Perth. Is there anyone up there who, if I get the information, could go and see if the motor is kosher?
    Thanks.
    Three wheeler clerk

Join the Harley-Davidson Riders Club Great Britain

Total Downloaded
    12.08 MB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Re: Help wanted

In case you didn't know, engine numbers didn't match model codes until 1921, in 1917 they did begin putting the year on though - for 1913 the only twin made was the 61", used on the model E solo and the model G Fore-car three wheeler (with the load box in front) both with the engine number of numbers followed by a capital E. I can't say for sure how many digits the number would be but I'd expect four or five? (the code letters change on other years, from 1917 the letters come first)

Total Downloaded
    28.76 MB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Help wanted

Quote Originally Posted by Paul P. View Post
    In case you didn't know, engine numbers didn't match model codes until 1921, in 1917 they did begin putting the year on though - for 1913 the only twin made was the 61", used on the model E solo and the model G Fore-car three wheeler (with the load box in front) both with the engine number of numbers followed by a capital E. I can't say for sure how many digits the number would be but I'd expect four or five? (the code letters change on other years, from 1917 the letters come first)
    The numbers show a 4 digit followed by E so it may well be post 1913. Thanks for your help.
    Last edited by Batman; 16-01-2020 at 07:22 PM.
    Three wheeler clerk