Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rally dates for 2020.

Total Downloaded
    31.29 MB

Re: Rally dates for 2020.

According to local news,it appears that some campsites think that they have been given the go ahead to reopen on July 4th.Also pubs and restaurants are preparing to open with a one metre distancing rule.As there is no meaningful enforcement of social distancing 'round these parts it looks like a lot of people think that it's all over.That being the case ,(not my opinion mind),it looks like camping and getting pissed is now okay.Oh yeah,good luck getting drunks to maintain social distance.
    I'm not cynical,just experienced. NEVER TRUST ANYONE WHO WEARS A SUIT TO WORK.

Join the Harley-Davidson Riders Club Great Britain

Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by Roach View Post
    According to local news,it appears that some campsites think that they have been given the go ahead to reopen on July 4th.Also pubs and restaurants are preparing to open with a one metre distancing rule.As there is no meaningful enforcement of social distancing 'round these parts it looks like a lot of people think that it's all over.That being the case ,(not my opinion mind),it looks like camping and getting pissed is now okay.Oh yeah,good luck getting drunks to maintain social distance.
    And social distance has zero scientific evidence to support its success. The Cuomo research in NY a few weeks ago found that 66% of those hospitalised had been in isolation.

Welcome to the world of government propaganda

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Total Downloaded
    12.19 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Mick_S View Post
    And social distance has zero scientific evidence to support its success. The Cuomo research in NY a few weeks ago found that 66% of those hospitalised had been in isolation.

Welcome to the world of government propaganda

I do wonder why a government would create a lockdown, if there is no need to, for what ends? Hoe is it they profit from doing so?

Just a passing thought.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    R14 Rep: 07141

As you get older three things happen, first you loose your memory, and I can't remember the other two. Norman Wisdom.

Total Downloaded
    12.19 MB

Typo

How is it they profit from doing so?

As you get older three things happen, first you loose your memory, and I can't remember the other two. Norman Wisdom.

Total Downloaded
    12.19 MB

Red face Re: Rally dates for 2020.

Anyway, lets forget the politics, and chat about Club matters.

Quite a few of the venues used for the Rallies now stating to answer their phones and the ball is rolling again.

We at Region 14 are currently taking to our chosen Rally site and hope that over the next month or so to tie up all the loose strings and finalise arrangements for our 2021 Rally.

fingers crossed.

Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by michael_dinwiddy View Post
    I do wonder why a government would create a lockdown, if there is no need to, for what ends? Hoe is it they profit from doing so?

Just a passing thought.

No profit from doing so. A massive over- reaction due to listening to scientists who lost their credibility a long time ago and who never should have remained in post (Google "questions Neil Ferguson should answer" to enlighten yourself), and due in part to pressure from Trump and Macron (who were threatening to ban Brits from travel to the US and France respectively).

It seems that Boris was going to follow the Swedes with minimal lockdown, but bottled it. (You could ask yourselves why Sweden and Japan chose not to lockdown, and why NL had a much lighter lockdown than Belgium).

I am convinced that a public inquiry will conclude that, even on the evidence available at the time, the government took disastrous decisions and backed that up with propaganda that everyone will die if anyone so much as ventures out into their front garden (almost).

Which worked so well that all rallies for 2020 were cancelled almost immediately.

Total Downloaded
    12.19 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Mick_S View Post
    No profit from doing so. A massive over- reaction due to listening to scientists who lost their credibility a long time ago and who never should have remained in post (Google "questions Neil Ferguson should answer" to enlighten yourself), and due in part to pressure from Trump and Macron (who were threatening to ban Brits from travel to the US and France respectively).

It seems that Boris was going to follow the Swedes with minimal lockdown, but bottled it. (You could ask yourselves why Sweden and Japan chose not to lockdown, and why NL had a much lighter lockdown than Belgium).

I am convinced that a public inquiry will conclude that, even on the evidence available at the time, the government took disastrous decisions and backed that up with propaganda that everyone will die if anyone so much as ventures out into their front garden (almost).

Which worked so well that all rallies for 2020 were cancelled almost immediately.

Oh well. We move on.

Politics is not really what this Club is about. Im sure there are better places to post such an interesting narrative. The same goes for gender issues race issues and religion.

The Club is about Harley Davidsons. Anything else at best does not get a response or at worse thread closed.

Sure MAG is in effect political organisation but stands for the rights of bikers and motorcycling whoever is in government not just one party.

Club members will soon be back together again doing their usual beer bikes and bollox.

The R14 Christmas Party Booked and all are welcome. See next Quin.

Total Downloaded
    173.08 MB

Christmas is cancelled.
    No air bridge for santa.
    And he cant wear a ffp3 mask.
    Not with that beard.

And PETA are investigating reindeer abuse.

”In the end, it all boils down to a load of old boll@ck$.”
    Grotty scotford. QOMY.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12