Thread: 1995 RK choke cable?

Total Downloaded

1995 RK choke cable?

A few days ago I bought a 1995 Road King. Very pleased with the bike and as far as I know nothing major to be concerned about. Bringing it home on an 85 mile trip from the shop it ran really well even though the battery was kaput (now replaced). I've noticed whilst scanning ebay and google that parts for the 95 RK are not as easy to come by as lightly later models, they seems to become more available from 97 hence I'm having trouble locating a choke cable. I have a part number 29229-88A but all thats available are 29229-88D!

Anyway enough with part numbers can anyone tell me what choke cable will fit a 95 Road King? It would be very helpful. Thanks.
    Last edited by GeePee; 09-02-2020 at 04:46 PM.

Join the Harley-Davidson Riders Club Great Britain

Total Downloaded
    49.01 MB

Total Downloaded

Re: 1995 RK choke cable?

Quote Originally Posted by Fast Lane View Post
    It's the same cable, £17.52 from a dealer ...
    Thanks Alex all I needed to know.

Total Downloaded
    874.73 MB

Glenn it's always worth a look at Jersey HD (Channel Islands) there you can search part numbers and see a blown up diagram which is really helpful. Lots of parts are the same just a superseded number.

Total Downloaded
    49.01 MB

Forgot to say that the cable is the same as long as it's still on the stock Keihin CV40 carb. If it's a Mikuni or S & S then they're different ...

Total Downloaded
    874.73 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Fast Lane View Post
    Forgot to say that the cable is the same as long as it's still on the stock Keihin CV40 carb. If it's a Mikuni or S & S then they're different ...
    Alex I don't remember buying a new cable when I went from CV to Mukuni, either that or I'm getting forgetful.

Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by BaZa View Post
    Glenn it's always worth a look at Jersey HD (Channel Islands) there you can search part numbers and see a blown up diagram which is really helpful. Lots of parts are the same just a superseded number.
    Helpful, thanks.

Total Downloaded
    30.93 MB

Quote Originally Posted by GeePee View Post
    Thanks Alex all I needed to know.
    The only major difference for the 95 was the frame width, seats can be a real pain to come by! I got a la pera for mine after scouring the after market options, there are few!

95 was the first year of the RK and they changed the frame width by .5" (or something like that) the following year.

Everything else is interchangeable up to and into the twin cam models depending on how far you want to dive into it, i changed a lot on my 95 over the years!

Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by chopper View Post
    The only major difference for the 95 was the frame width, seats can be a real pain to come by! I got a la pera for mine after scouring the after market options, there are few!

95 was the first year of the RK and they changed the frame width by .5" (or something like that) the following year.

Everything else is interchangeable up to and into the twin cam models depending on how far you want to dive into it, i changed a lot on my 95 over the years!
    Thanks Neil that helps me make sense of what I'm experiencing.

Total Downloaded
    49.01 MB

Quote Originally Posted by BaZa View Post
    I don't remember buying a new cable when I went from CV to Mukuni
    There's two ways of going from a stock CV to a Mikuni. If the existing cable is part of what they call the 'Total kit' then it's a different cable with a built in adjuster which the stock HD cable doesn't have. The other (most common) way is to use the Mikuni 'Easy kit'. This allows you to use the stock HD cable but you have to replace the spring and choke plunger with the one that comes with the carb kit. Also the little black plastic nut as well if I remember right. Both cables work but the stock HD one won't work without the Mikuni parts added to it ...