Thread: advice on video software, please

Total Downloaded
    116.59 MB

advice on video software, please

I'd quite like to get a video editor with a few more features than the standard Movie Maker I use, especially as teachers have been asked to knock up some videos (example below) to try and support kids from our special needs school that are staying home for the moment, while this situation goes on. What would be really helpful would be features like a split screen or some superimpose feature that would facilitate signing side-by-side. It also has to be pretty simple to use for a technophobe like me. Apparently, iMacs will do it all day easily, but I'm just looking for something I can load into my old HP desktop (Window 7). Or is it too old to support anything decent and I'd need a new computer? Info on options, where to purchase and how much would be really helpful. Thanks in advance.

9:27

spring watch for school

Join the Harley-Davidson Riders Club Great Britain

Total Downloaded
    256.97 MB

Re: advice on video software, please

Neil

I wish I could help more but I didn't get into video making much and in the end for ease, I just use Movie Maker too. A fair while ago I looked at using one called video Pad video editor from NCH software. A freeware prog but upgradable with lots more features. It was a bit more complicated than Movie Maker but not that bad.
    Not sure if it would be what you want but may be worth a look at least.

The freeware version is listed in small print not far below the top block or the pro version is listed lower down..... https://www.nchsoftware.com/videopad/index.html
    Last edited by TomG; 28-04-2020 at 11:50 PM.

Total Downloaded
    587.8 KB

Total Downloaded
    116.59 MB

Thank you, lads, I shall have a look.

Total Downloaded
    587.8 KB

Hi Neil here's another site worth a read https://www.videohelp.com/index.php