Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Latest on our Facebook page.

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    1,955
    Total Downloaded
    12.10 MB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Latest on our Facebook page.

    Last edited by michael_dinwiddy; 06-05-2020 at 05:10 PM.
    R14 Rep: Club member since 2002..ish . Had a year out..here and there.... original membership number 7141

    Join the Harley-Davidson Riders Club Great Britain

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    227
    Total Downloaded
    31.29 MB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Latest on our Facebook page.

    Only works if you're on FB.
    I'm not cynical,just experienced. NEVER TRUST ANYONE WHO WEARS A SUIT TO WORK.

    Join the Harley-Davidson Riders Club Great Britain

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    1,955
    Total Downloaded
    12.10 MB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Latest on our Facebook page.

    Quote Originally Posted by Roach View Post
    Only works if you're on FB.
    Yep... it seems that way.

    We have about 10 posts a day on FB, but I will continue to ask members to post here on the forum as it is the first point of contact and many members do not have a FB account.

    Thank you Roach.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    R14 Rep: Club member since 2002..ish . Had a year out..here and there.... original membership number 7141

    Join the Harley-Davidson Riders Club Great Britain

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    1,955
    Total Downloaded
    12.10 MB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Latest on our Facebook page.

    Quote Originally Posted by Roach View Post
    Only works if you're on FB.
    It is a bit unsolvable really, as much as we all push for members to post on here, they do and will post on the various Riders Club FB pages.

    So I guess those who don’t do FB, and there are quite a few, will not be able to see those posts.

    To cut and paste them all onto this page would be a long and arduous daily task... any volunteers?

    But I do understand and continue to push the Forum first and foremost.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    R14 Rep: Club member since 2002..ish . Had a year out..here and there.... original membership number 7141

    Join the Harley-Davidson Riders Club Great Britain

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    2,615
    Total Downloaded
    256.97 MB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Re: Latest on our Facebook page.

    Quote Originally Posted by michael_dinwiddy View Post
    It is a bit unsolvable really, as much as we all push for members to post on here, they do and will post on the various Riders Club FB pages.

    So I guess those who don’t do FB, and there are quite a few, will not be able to see those posts.

    To cut and paste them all onto this page would be a long and arduous daily task... any volunteers?

    But I do understand and continue to push the Forum first and foremost.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    I look at the FB group daily and see if there is anything worth transferring to here - but it gets to be a pain in the rump. It just takes too long to transfer images especially.

    There is no answer. Those that post on here may well post on the group too and vice versa but if they don't - they don't.

    Historically we have a small piece of software embedded in our forum to link FB to a forum but FB changed the criteria so often it became redundant. Also this forum software is now classed as 'old' and it makes it impossible really. If there was a way I'd do it.

    Join the Harley-Davidson Riders Club Great Britain

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    1,955
    Total Downloaded
    12.10 MB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Latest on our Facebook page.

    Quote Originally Posted by TomG View Post
    I look at the FB group daily and see if there is anything worth transferring to here - but it gets to be a pain in the rump. It just takes too long to transfer images especially.

    There is no answer. Those that post on here may well post on the group too and vice versa but if they don't - they don't.

    Historically we have a small piece of software embedded in our forum to link FB to a forum but FB changed the criteria so often it became redundant. Also this forum software is now classed as 'old' and it makes it impossible really. If there was a way I'd do it.
    Tom its quite enough for you to do as it is without having to drag in all the FB stuff.

    With our FB page there is lots of nattering and chit chat a bit like the Beertent, but if there is something important to post, e.g meets or Rallies, then they are put on this Forum first.






    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    R14 Rep: Club member since 2002..ish . Had a year out..here and there.... original membership number 7141

    Join the Harley-Davidson Riders Club Great Britain

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    1,955
    Total Downloaded
    12.10 MB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Latest on our Facebook page.

    Just a few of the type of pics being posted on or FB page... will try to post here accessional.

    Guess who?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	94245873_10222602605719403_301906617174065152_o.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	76.9 KB 
ID:	34873Click image for larger version. 

Name:	95598626_10222722663720778_5202104396535562240_o.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	34.7 KB 
ID:	34874Click image for larger version. 

Name:	95726188_1139461396391114_2602304260691460096_n.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	74.9 KB 
ID:	34875Click image for larger version. 

Name:	95921257_529379877740193_7715905912585584640_n.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	71.2 KB 
ID:	34876Click image for larger version. 

Name:	95630586_10222728607629372_2974151903430049792_o.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	85.5 KB 
ID:	34877
    R14 Rep: Club member since 2002..ish . Had a year out..here and there.... original membership number 7141

    Join the Harley-Davidson Riders Club Great Britain

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    1,955
    Total Downloaded
    12.10 MB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Latest on our Facebook page.

    We now have a chat room on our R14 FB page, which I believe you can log on to without being a member of FB.


    Will check it out with a non-FB member soon but I believe this to be the link to use if you dont have a FB account...however you may have to open an account with 'messenger'.

    https://msngr.com/uf1527uTKQ2KKANZ

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	48F2DB1C-A319-463E-AA28-5DDDE122AD65_1_105_c.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	25.9 KB 
ID:	34968Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6CA61CE7-7385-4F4A-9DE9-E1078F7EBFE3_1_105_c.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	22.1 KB 
ID:	34969
    Last edited by michael_dinwiddy; 25-05-2020 at 11:52 AM. Reason: add link
    R14 Rep: Club member since 2002..ish . Had a year out..here and there.... original membership number 7141

    Join the Harley-Davidson Riders Club Great Britain

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    227
    Total Downloaded
    31.29 MB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Latest on our Facebook page.

    Thanks for trying Mike,but this still appears to be outside the club.
    I'm not cynical,just experienced. NEVER TRUST ANYONE WHO WEARS A SUIT TO WORK.

    Join the Harley-Davidson Riders Club Great Britain

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    1,955
    Total Downloaded
    12.10 MB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Latest on our Facebook page.

    Quote Originally Posted by Roach View Post
    Thanks for trying Mike,but this still appears to be outside the club.
    Ok mate.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    R14 Rep: Club member since 2002..ish . Had a year out..here and there.... original membership number 7141

    Join the Harley-Davidson Riders Club Great Britain

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •