Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Have I got a cabbage on my head?

Total Downloaded
    14.54 MB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Have I got a cabbage on my head?

Quote Originally Posted by chrissy View Post
    the only way to 'punish' china (and i truly believe they should be) is in the pocket.
    a couple of weeks ago when the mother in law fell ill i tried to buy a thermometer on our favourite auction site but couldn't find anything that wasn't made there. i the end i found a uk manufacturer, when it came it was actually made in germany.
    i was looking to buy a press button fuel cap release for the street glide. £40 from kuryakyn or £20 from china. ia there anything that place doesn't make?
    if i was in charge i'd have every single container of goods that leaves there sanitized to a standard that's set by the receiving countries (not by the who as they're worse than useless) and the cost of doing so payed by the senders.
    the thing is though, we're all chuffed to bits to buy a 'phone charger for a quid on ebay so we're all guilty of supporting it.
    why can't we set up a small industrial units over here to make all the shite we buy from there? it's a win-win, folk have jobs to make stuff and we don't fund the likes of china anymore.
    sorry for the rant. i fully expect to be banned or this post deleted. even though i'm on the port i stand by everything i say.
    Brilliant!
    I agree with every word.
    1989 FXST Softail Standard

1988 FLHS Electra Glide Sport

Living well is the best Revenge...

Join the Harley-Davidson Riders Club Great Britain

Total Downloaded
    14.54 MB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All Harley chrome from the 2006 model year on, is made in China.

Plus, I'm sure, many other parts on every Harley.

Just another reason to own an older Harley, preferably at least pre millennium.
    1989 FXST Softail Standard

1988 FLHS Electra Glide Sport

Living well is the best Revenge...

Total Downloaded
    17.81 MB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Halal Tim View Post
    Kuryakyn stuffs made in china too.
    i know, that's my point. everything's made over there to satisfy our greed for cheapness. we're all guilty for subsidising the place. they have absolutely no remorse for the state of the world right now. look at what they're attempting now with hong kong.
    life is cheap. like i said the only way to make governments and world leaders listen is through the pocket because they invariably pay scant attention to human rights.
    Last edited by chrissy; 30-05-2020 at 09:06 PM.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678