Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Independents

Independents

Anyone know of any independent mechanics who could swap out barrels, pistons and cylinder heads on an 07 883 in or around Middlesbrough/Guisborough without ripping my eyes out? I have all of the relevant gaskets and parts but have been quoted £800 from one bloke. Seems a bit steep.
    TIA

Re: Independents

Quote Originally Posted by Russbott View Post
    have been quoted £800 from one bloke
    I need to move north then - I charge 6 hours / £270 labour for that. Have you thought about doing it yourself? It's only nuts & bolts ...

Unfortunately I don't have the time, tools or expertise. Much as I'd love to give it a go I'd only bugger it up. Don't fancy a run to Guisborough to pick it up do you?

Haven't got time I'm afraaid Russ - busier than ever just now. Bike couriers are still working though, I've had a few delivered lately ...

Will bear that in mind Alex. You'll have to let me know when you're quieter so I can get the money sorted. Thanks.

Never quiet Russ - always about 4 weeks booked up ...

cos the fucker is the best

Quote Originally Posted by Bob_103 View Post
    cos the fucker is the best
    As the old saying goes, "quality isnt expensive, its priceless".
    There is only one thing I enjoy more than going to Birmingham, and that is coming back from Birmingham.

Quote Originally Posted by Russbott View Post
    Anyone know of any independent mechanics who could swap out barrels, pistons and cylinder heads on an 07 883 in or around Middlesbrough/Guisborough without ripping my eyes out? I have all of the relevant gaskets and parts but have been quoted £800 from one bloke. Seems a bit steep.
    TIA
    Russ look no further than Twin City at South Shields, The owner Steve lives and breathes Harleys in the Frozen North I wouldn't ask anyone bar Steve to work on a Harley they do every job from servicing to full builds

Quote Originally Posted by Army View Post
    Russ look no further than Twin City at South Shields, The owner Steve lives and breathes Harleys in the Frozen North I wouldn't ask anyone bar Steve to work on a Harley they do every job from servicing to full builds

I need to get myself there sometime - keep promising I will and something just always crops up!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast