Total Downloaded
    7.43 MB

Re: Living in Suffolk

Soggy Moggy! Now there's a good rally!
    Time out of mind

Join the Harley-Davidson Riders Club Great Britain

Total Downloaded

so Guys we are viewing 3 x properties this weekend my sister lives in Hertfordshire so she is kindly driving us about, the areas are all near Diss i.e. Thwaite, Wortham and Palgrave so is there anything that i need to know about this area. My other concern is Suffolk becoming a commuter belt for London or is that just a load of bollocks by folk trying to put me off.

Total Downloaded

Hi i do like that area around Diss & especially Botesdale /Rickinghall . I always find Diss a nice place & the Waveney valley area.I will say that Suffolk is a commuter belt for London & diss is a main line station for that but with the 'virus' will people tend to commute so much ? Good luck with house hunting .

Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by bodge View Post
    Hi i do like that area around Diss & especially Botesdale /Rickinghall . I always find Diss a nice place & the Waveney valley area.I will say that Suffolk is a commuter belt for London & diss is a main line station for that but with the 'virus' will people tend to commute so much ? Good luck with house hunting .
    Cheers Roger I think it's the thought of large sprawling estates springing up, you buy a nice secluded cottage and next min a large estate appears. We currently live in a farming village with a population of about 200 or less so sprawl ain't our thing

Total Downloaded
    2.04 MB

Councils are in the throes of putting together their Local Plans that identity development areas up to 2035. Check the local authority websites to see what may be on the cards in the not too distant future.

Total Downloaded

Yeh good call from Dynalow its amazing how many houses are being built ,i passed through Saxmundham on the train last week & it seems a huge new estate has been bunged on the end of the town ! Stowmarket as well seems to be growing by the day so do check the local plans .Going back to the Diss area its perfect in the summer for a ride to two wheel tuesdays at Old Buckenham one of the best bike meets there is.

Total Downloaded

It all sounds like a plan

Total Downloaded

So we ventured into darkest Suffolk yesterday and we had an enjoyable day we managed to view 3 x properties 2 of them were very rural I.e. maybe 6 houses within the vicinity a lovely one near Thwaite but maybe we need abit more going on. So we viewed one that is only a 10 walk from Diss but still felt rural so we are contemplating putting an offer in so a productive day really which included a walk into Diss which seems to be a decent market town that has retained most of its character but any advice will be gratefully recieved
    Last edited by Army; Yesterday at 01:43 PM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234