Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Seats and Jackets

Total Downloaded
    7.43 MB

Re: Seats and Jackets

They have made a few "gritty" biker films - Mad Max, Stone etc.
    Time out of mind

Join the Harley-Davidson Riders Club Great Britain

Total Downloaded

Very strange but true Mark and it could be the way that most countries could go

Total Downloaded
    17.90 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Army View Post
    How do Chris i'm presuming that the Mayfair in question was the music venue, i remember the first time i went there was in about 1976 for one of Motorheads first gigs i was 13 years old and i loved the bike scene in Newcastle
    aye, that's what i was meaning. seen some great gigs in there. been past it today while out shopping with the mrs and it's just another concrete consumer monstrosity now.
    did you ever go to the riverside? that was another good venue. it's reopened down the quayside. retained the name and even though it's never going to be anything like the original it's canny. another good music venue i found last year was the boilershop behind the station.

Total Downloaded

The venues I remember Chris was the Mayfair and the city hall and in recent times the hall at the bottom of West Gate Road cant remember what it's called but I've seen a few bands in there

Total Downloaded
    17.90 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Army View Post
    The venues I remember Chris was the Mayfair and the city hall and in recent times the hall at the bottom of West Gate Road cant remember what it's called but I've seen a few bands in there
    that'll be the 02 academy. last time i was there was to see seasick steve.
    the last time at the city hall was showaddywaddy who were brilliant believe it or not.

the band i've seen most by a long way is new model army, probably well over 100 times since the mid 80's.
    i've been thinking i've seen them in just about every music venue in newcastle.

the riverside (old)
    the riverside (new)
    the mayfair
    the boilershop
    the cluny
    the mayfair
    the sage
    the o2 academy
    the university halls.

god i miss going to gigs

edit, apologies for the list

Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by chrissy View Post
    that'll be the 02 academy. last time i was there was to see seasick steve.
    the last time at the city hall was showaddywaddy who were brilliant believe it or not.

the band i've seen most by a long way is new model army, probably well over 100 times since the mid 80's.
    i've been thinking i've seen them in just about every music venue in newcastle.

the riverside (old)
    the riverside (new)
    the mayfair
    the boilershop
    the cluny
    the mayfair
    the sage
    the o2 academy
    the university halls.

god i miss going to gigs

edit, apologies for the list
    Well Chrissie i love Seasick Steve but oh dear oh dear Showaddywaddy and the old model army will not be on my bucket list but my biggest dislike is Motown in fact i feel sick when i actually write it now where is that bucket

Total Downloaded
    109.89 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Phssthpok View Post
    ……..Australia is a strange country. On the one hand, it’s progressive and liberal and, on the other fingerless gloves hand it is draconian. Motorcyclists are held in particular societal contempt and, the more biker-types congregate, the more contempt is heaped upon them. Of course, some MC (or Bikie clubs) have done little to dissuade their negative image with their nefarious activities. I have been over here for nearly 4 years and cannot remember seeing more than 5 motorcyclists together at any one time. The first time I rode a motorbike into Sydney, the sense of hate and loathing excreting out of cars was palpable; not to mention a standard of driving that would give an Italian taxi driver stress incontinence.
    Are you SURE you are in Australia? I have no idea or experience of any of this in 12 years on a bike here, but then i am told Sydney is a shit place to live.

Total Downloaded
    12.20 MB

Dave, it is because they are all scared of you and give you a wide berth.....don't mess with the pony tail!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123