Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sportser 48 vs Roadster

Total Downloaded
    764.72 MB

Re: Sportser 48 vs Roadster

Quote Originally Posted by Army View Post
    well thats nearly true Darren, i test rode a few Harleys back in about 2002 when i though i would have a change from Triumph Speed Triples initially i was shocked that i had a speed triple that was like race horse and i was now riding a Harley that handled like a couch with a wheel missing but i still decided that i wanted a Harley due to the grin factor so i rode a fatboy and it really wasnt my cup of tea i really wanted a wide glide but there wasnt one available so because i wanted a Harley that bad i purchased a Fatboy which i eventually traded in against a Softail Custom.
    LOL!!

I now have a Fatboy as just love the look of it, but it is slightly faster than the one I originally had as a demo back in 2010 and then in 2012 so now has the speed to match the look
    Darren Thomas
    Member No:010141

Join the Harley-Davidson Riders Club Great Britain

Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by Army View Post
    ... so i rode a fatboy and it really wasnt my cup of tea i really wanted a wide glide but there wasnt one available so because i wanted a Harley that bad i purchased a Fatboy which i eventually traded in against a Softail Custom.
    In what way you didn't like the FatBoy?

Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by carbold View Post
    In what way you didn't like the FatBoy?
    How do Carlo, the Fatboy actually didnt appeal in anyway but my desperation to own a Harley overtook what i actually thought, firstly being 6'1" i felt way to big for it and then various stuff like the solid wheels, the bars, the headlamp and the big fenders put me right off in fact i told the sales manager at Newcastle that i wanted to cut the rear fender down and stick a set of Renthal bars on he said " you cant do that" and low and behold 15 years later they bring out the slim with everything i threatened to do to the Fatboy. i should have bought a Heritage same bike in my opinion but with spoked wire wheels. Anyway Carlo each to their own we all have different tastes it what makes the world go round in fact i think that the Batwing Fairing could be customised i.e. the wing bits could be narrowed right in, yes i know the hand protection would be reduced but so what, imagine a batwing nice and narrow with a few lines from the Road Glided shark nose thrown in.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123