Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1st service

Total Downloaded
    12.20 MB

Re: 1st service

If dealers are discounting them and the factory discontinuing then it isn't a club thing, it is a marketplace thing - anyway, taste is a fickle thing, back in '77/78 they couldn't sell the XLCR and now it is a collectors classic.

Join the Harley-Davidson Riders Club Great Britain

Total Downloaded
    1,018.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Zammo View Post
    Everyone does not agree. I'm very happy with my purchase. I think my bike looks great and will look amazing after a bit of customisation.

Thought this was a Harley club, I didn't realise only certain model Harley's were good enough to be accepted.
    Hi Shane, it was good to meet you on Sunday (I was on the Fat Bob behind you), what a cracking ride around the coast of North Devon, in glorious weather. Don't take the comments to heart, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. You have a great bike in my favourite colour (Black) and I like the FXDR heavy breather filter and orange bits - the replacement exhaust on yours looks stunning and I heard you say you were modifying the ugly back end - so once customised to your taste you have an individual bike you can be proud of. I love the huge back wheel and performance wise you can't fault the 114ci M8 lump.

Total Downloaded
    256.97 MB

Everyone does not agree. I'm very happy with my purchase. I think my bike looks great and will look amazing after a bit of customisation.

Thought this was a Harley club, I didn't realise only certain model Harley's were good enough to be accepted.
    Another one that doesn't agree. I like it. The rest is just banter Shane.

Total Downloaded

Fair comment I just hope you did not pay 19 grand for your bike as the depreciation hit will awful on the other hand there are not many of them out there so the value might go up hope so many years ago Harley made the XLCR and ended up discounting them to shift them see what they are selling for now glad you are happy with your bike.
    PS almost everyone does agree.

Total Downloaded
    4.30 MB

Everyone does this, i think, well I do, and have always....
    Say to my Mrs, "Oh yeh, just going for a look around the Bikes, won't be long", but she knows, "I won't be long"...
    I now have a Street Glide 103, which I love, but my Evo Softail, has benefited a lot, from "Looking at the Bikes"
    So will the Glide.
    Looking at someone else's pride and joy and saying to yourself "God, what were they thinking, doing that to a bike".
    My Glide, when I bought it, had a set of those "Lower Fairing things"- Leg protector things. they maybe of great use, but I HATE the look of them, off they came.
    The good thing about this lark, as has been said above- "Everyone's Different", thank god too.....

Total Downloaded
    109.89 MB

In here, you do get a bit of whammo, Zammo. I wouldn't dream of dissing another man's bike in person because I respect everyone else's choice. So add a teaspoon of concrete to your cuppa and join in.

I personally have a metalflake green (with kinetic yellow ''pinstripes'') old bloke's touring M8, which i love. But it was such a fantastically popular and widely admired colour scheme that out of over 27,000 Road Glides made in 2019 model year, only 189 were ordered with this colour. Yep, you had to order it... and pay extra for the privilege!

So, let's just agree that we will each have the last laugh. Ahem.

PS: Do NOT throw away *ANY* stock parts off that bike. It will be collectible, for sure.

Total Downloaded

With regards to dissing someone elses bike my friends all ride jap sports bikes and are used to me turning up on a Hayabusa so when I turned up on a Harley i got slaughtered I just replied I got tired of riding a small bike which led to more piss taking and in fairness I should not have taken the piss out of someone elses pride and joy but feel free to slag off my LRS all my friends have but I still love it.

Total Downloaded
    173.08 MB

Quote Originally Posted by surly View Post
    but feel free to slag off my LRS all my friends have but I still love it.
    I May as well get in 1st.

Hey, nowt wrong with the short arse special.
    Its an ideal trainer harley, for when you can manage a mighty street glide.

Bostin, aye it.

Total Downloaded
    764.72 MB

Quote Originally Posted by surly View Post
    With regards to dissing someone elses bike my friends all ride jap sports bikes and are used to me turning up on a Hayabusa so when I turned up on a Harley i got slaughtered I just replied I got tired of riding a small bike which led to more piss taking and in fairness I should not have taken the piss out of someone elses pride and joy but feel free to slag off my LRS all my friends have but I still love it.
    I used to do the opposite on a Hyabusa and turn up on it with Harley Riders

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Swan3.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	133.6 KB 
ID:	35487
    Darren Thomas
    Member No:010141

Total Downloaded
    256.97 MB

Would have been good if thread stayed with 1st service but it has deteriorated somewhat. Thread closed.
    Last edited by TomG; 16-09-2020 at 03:56 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12