Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Well, what is your other Hobby?

Total Downloaded
    4.72 MB

Well, what is your other Hobby?

Hi Folks, just a bit of interest, Obviously we ride Harleys, and other motorcycles, but
    what other hobbies do people have?
    Years ago, at a Rally, could have been Talgarth, a bloke, always at all the rallies, had died, and the Bloke said over the P.A. -
    " Hope the Fishing's good" The bloke was I think a chap by the name "Animal"??
    My other hobby/Pastime is my Sea Fishing, love to get down on the beach, set up a couple of rods, and chill out at the sea side,Awesome!
    I also do a bit of wood carving, keeps me busy.
    So, any thoughts Folks?
    No Bike Riding, no Fishing, here in the Grimmer than Grim North Wales... lockdown....

Join the Harley-Davidson Riders Club Great Britain

Total Downloaded
    353.1 KB

Re: Well, what is your other Hobby?

Well I generally do a fair bit of clay pigeon shooting, Andy. It's a sport that is fairly easy to do with social distancing but I haven't been out since Covid 19 began. I was booked into a big sporting shoot at Hepworth Hall in Essex back in April but it was cancelled at short notice because of the pandemic. Understandable I guess because it's a very sociable event attracting hundreds of shooters from all over the country over the course of a week. Normally attend a Christmas shoot at Lakenheath at a site which used to be known as the Rod and Gun Club where HDRCGB held a rally for many years. Looks like that will probably be cancelled as well.

I also do quite a lot of walking which has attracted lots of new participants over the past few months. Time was that I could walk the footpaths near my home and never see a soul but many felt that Boris was making an hour of exercise compulsory during lockdown so some now stray off the lanes to get their boots muddy

Total Downloaded

Used to love riding my Harley`s.... or any bike...

Buying old houses and doing them up and flogging them.. (On our 25th house move now.)

Fishing from a boat, (Always had my own, built a Lochin 37 as a charter boat down in Weymouth ("Blue Thunder" which my departed younger son ran.)..

Due to a downturn in health all those have been knocked on the head now.... so...

Have bought a little 2 bedroomed cottage 100 yds from the best Cod Fishing beach on the Northumberland coast,, If not well enough to go fishing I can lye in my bed watching all the other fishermen..
    Going up to my little place tomorrow, for a couple of weeks, as I have heard the fish are biting well...

But my ultimate dream would be to get well enough to buy another Harley...

Don`t get old, Stay healthy and STAY SAFE....

Total Downloaded

hobbies apart from riding and working on bikes, we have walked the lake district fells for years and i think i have 6 fells left to walk, i have wanted to play the Guitar so thats on the retirement agenda along with learning French. We love travel but over the last few years we have toured this great country of ours and i suppose that ties in my love of history, some folk dont enjoy the big smoke but our Capital has so much history so go out there and look for it. a few years ago i participated in fishing wether it was sea fishing or game fishing on a local river so i would love to get back into that, i think we all have many hobbies but we dont give our hobbies enough attention and we should it puts a smile on our face especially in the difficult times we live in.

Total Downloaded
    47.21 MB

Still bike related but I've been riding trials ( remember kickstart with peter purves?) for 20 odd years just at local clubman level, treated meself to a new machine this summer too,TRS gold 250, the performance of the bike far outweighs the ability of the rider. Lol I also let off steam by playing my drums in a phil collins gorilla, animal from the muppets kinda way.

Total Downloaded
    18.03 MB

football. i've been to well over 100 different grounds watching sunderland (usually getting beat) i often equate being a football fan to being a biker, the general public label everyone of us as hooligans but the reality is quite different, some of the best people i've met in my life have been through both football and riding bikes.
    i've also been known to play golf.

Total Downloaded
    12.33 MB

Don't know whether it counts as a hobby (rather than an interest?) but like a few on here I read military history. It begins with Airfix kits, then a book on all of WW2, then books on the air war only or naval or armour then books on particular aircraft, regiments, vehicles then for some it is "German field caps of the Africa Corps, part one"! (I'm not there yet!). Then you look into WW1 or first tanks, first fighters, crucial battles and then in no time you are looking into the Spanish Civil War, Russo-Japan war, US-Spanish War - the internet doesn't help, it becomes your drug dealer!
    In this club we have members who could give lectures on WW1, Normandy, WW1 aircraft etc etc - when I think of how many motorcycle manufacturers built weapons I know I shouldn't be surprised at this crossover. There are quite a few members or ex-members involved with the war re-enactment scene, if you walk around shows like the huge War & Peace show in Kent you always bump into club faces.

(just seen Yukon post, I used to follow Moto-cross in the seventies, loved the CCMs and Norton Wasps...just kinda drifted away from it)
    Last edited by Paul P.; 27-10-2020 at 11:31 AM. Reason: add something

Total Downloaded
    12.33 MB

By the way Yukon, I'm very jealous - I work each week at the estate of a big farm which has a good sized wood with fallen trees, embankments, badger pits, streams etc and I always look upon it and wish it was mine along with an old Montessa/Bultaco/Greeves/Trials Cub etc!
    Last edited by Paul P.; 27-10-2020 at 01:52 PM.

Total Downloaded
    49.01 MB

Weight training for me. Something I've done since my teens and don't intend giving up any time soon as long as my joints and tendons can keep going. Gets me out of the workshop for a couple of hours a few times a week. I love it ...

Total Downloaded
    9.53 MB

Running, painting, writing, gardening (the heavy stuff, I don't understand plants...), beer, music, the list goes on. I can't wait to retire and do more of all the above.
    Born free
    Bound to live
    Dead happy

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast