Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Well, what is your other Hobby?

Total Downloaded
    12.33 MB

Re: Well, what is your other Hobby?

Rooster, you are just painting yourself into a corner.....corner of a marquee!

Join the Harley-Davidson Riders Club Great Britain

Total Downloaded
    37.68 MB

Not so much a hobby but I'm a bit of an Iron Maiden nut, travelling to different countries to watch them in concert, been helping the Fan Club for a couple of years by being a moderator on the Fan Club forum

2019 Fat Bob 114

Total Downloaded
    14.82 MB

Quote Originally Posted by stratcat View Post
    I tend to get a bit OCD with stuff I get into so it tends to be quite intense until I move on to something else.
    I know exactly where you are coming from Stratcat! Mine have been similar. Apart from the bikes i have been involved in English and American civil war re-enacting for years. Played irish Tenor banjo for about 10 years and havent picked it up now for about the same length of time. 10 years Tang Soo Do over two 5 year stints. Scuba diving for a couple of years after a trip to St. Lucia. Archery for a few years, local politics for a few years and i enjoy military history still (check out the Mucklebourough collection i visited last month). I just sold all my fishing kit as i dont enjoy it so much any more. Im currently teaching myself the harmonica, slowly, as well as indian, chinese and cajun cookery ( and im pretty good! ).
    Only dead fish swim with the tide

Total Downloaded
    976.92 MB

I never realised our members were so talented and interesting.

Total Downloaded
    56.59 MB

Quote Originally Posted by David Nimrod View Post
    Sounds feckin' good to me!!
    Quote Originally Posted by M&M View Post
    What you play is a big portion of what I listen to and I've more hair on me arse these days than I have on me bloody head ????.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul P. View Post
    Rooster, you are just painting yourself into a corner.....corner of a marquee!
    OK, but then there's the rider

Name:  rider.jpg
Views: 93
Size:  86.4 KB
    four chords and a bit of a porky pie. :s:

Total Downloaded
    109.89 MB

Just personally, if I ever heard another ''biker band'' grind out AC/DC, Sabbaff etc covers I will puke. Don't get me wrong, I love the good original stuff..... but I'm bored shitless hearing it played to bikers.

I love seeing and hearing something a bit different at rallies (not that there's many rallies down under) ... I would LOVE to hear some Hank Williams / George Jones / Merle Haggard stuff played live.... but then, I would also love to see ska, northern soul, 1970s punk and dub reggae played at rallies. Even by the DJs. ... I did that once at a Lincs rally and I have to say my choice of tunes went down pretty well.

Anyone remember that soul band with two hot black women up front on vocals who played at one of the final ''original style'' Shipley rallies? Never saw such an ovation and such downright crazy enthusiasm for a live band at any rally as that night. NO heavy rock needed there.

Total Downloaded
    12.33 MB

"The Divas of Soul" - yes.

Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by Bobba Fatt View Post
    Not so much a hobby but I'm a bit of an Iron Maiden nut, travelling to different countries to watch them in concert, been helping the Fan Club for a couple of years by being a moderator on the Fan Club forum
    and your favourite track is ? mine has to be Hallowed Be Thy Name, i love Maiden and i remember seeing them when i was 13 yrs old with Paul Dianno as the front man, i noticed some guys have mentioned soul and other types of music but for me its Rock, Rockabilly or Rock n Roll everyone to their own but i leave the room when i hear Motown

Total Downloaded
    68.50 MB

One of my 'other' hobbies is building 1/6 scale Tamiya Harleys, the blue one is a replica of my 1975 FLH1200, complete with BFG (British Forces Germany) number plate, the other is my current work in progress, an FLH1200 Police version.

Name:  DSC_0020.jpg
Views: 61
Size:  25.0 KB Name:  IMG_0098.jpg
Views: 62
Size:  21.2 KB
    2009 Orange XL883R

Previously owned Harleys
    :
    1975 FLH1200 Electra-Glide
    1980 FXE/F1200 Fat Bob
    1979 FLH1200 Electra-Glide
    1983 FLH80 Electra-Glide Classic
    1989 Heritage Softail

Total Downloaded
    4.72 MB

Yeh, that was a proper night of soul music at that Shipley.
    Am I correct, a band didn't show one night, or something happened and the organisers got a young bloke and his accustic guitar, again, tore it up and went down a storm.
    Anyone remember that?

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast