Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Well, what is your other Hobby?

Total Downloaded
    12.33 MB

Re: Well, what is your other Hobby?

Now you say it, it is starting to ring a bell - possibly a band who got a last minute better offer? I vaguely recall club officers shooting into town and finding someone..? the more I think the more it sounds familiar..but I might be making things fit - unlike when I slept with Salma Hayek, she says she can't remember but I know better.

Join the Harley-Davidson Riders Club Great Britain

Total Downloaded
    18.03 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Bobba Fatt View Post
    Not so much a hobby but I'm a bit of an Iron Maiden nut, travelling to different countries to watch them in concert, been helping the Fan Club for a couple of years by being a moderator on the Fan Club forum
    i'm the same but with new model army. seen them god knows how many times since the mid 80's. there was a time back then when me and a mate would hitch hike all over the country to every one of their shows.
    they're a bit like myself, gone from being angry and full of hell wanting to smash the state to being a bit more mellow and whilst still having that inner anger becoming more at one with mother earth and realising what a fabulous planet we are lucky enough to live on.

being at one of their concerts is one of the three things in life that make me happiest, a sort of escapism if you want. the other two are football and riding the bike.

Total Downloaded
    21.74 MB

1. Cycling both road and mountain biking, although mostly road nowadays.
    2. Been learning the guitar since I retired two years ago....why didn't I do this when I was 16 not 60+???
    3. Watching the mighty Pilgrims at Home Park...been a season ticket holder for more years than I care to count.
    4. Punk, reggae, dub, rock....still collect and play vinyl and go to as many gigs and festivals that we can. Listen to Radio 6 Music almost all of the time as it plays everything I love.

Great to see what a diverse bunch we all are.....
    "Sometimes...It's like PUNK ROCK never happened!!!" HARLEY DEVONIAN

2004 HD Night Train
    2017 BMW R1200 GS
    1979 Moto Guzzi V50 II

Total Downloaded
    41.85 MB

Quote Originally Posted by David Nimrod View Post
    Sounds feckin' good to me!!
    I've had the pleasure of hearing Neil's band play live and yes, they are.

However; whilst their playlist ticks nearly all my boxes I would agree with Neil that it would not suit all tastes. Particularly the tastes of those who want the same boring dozen hard rock "classics" from every band at every rally; just noted Kiwi Dave's post on a similar theme.

Which is why I rarely bother with bands at rallies.
    Much less involved.....

Total Downloaded
    4.72 MB

Maybe this is what's needed, an injection of non "Smoke On The Water" crap into the Rally Entertainment scene.
    Off topic sorry, but maybe worth mentioning, last year at Breda, Does anyone remember that rock and Roll outfit that played, I think the Saturday evening,
    Awesome, but Rock and Roll music is not for everyone, but they went down very well.... Oh yeh, and no Sweet Home Alabamo.

Total Downloaded
    109.89 MB

Chris Six Acre, love your sublime musical tastes.

Have you heard this? Amazingly I just picked up a copy in Australia.... get hunting! it's great..... see discogs.com for vinyl versions for sale.

https://phoenixcityall-stars.bandcam...ersion-rockers

Total Downloaded
    18.03 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Six Acre View Post
    1. Cycling both road and mountain biking, although mostly road nowadays.
    2. Been learning the guitar since I retired two years ago....why didn't I do this when I was 16 not 60+???
    3. Watching the mighty Pilgrims at Home Park...been a season ticket holder for more years than I care to count.
    4. Punk, reggae, dub, rock....still collect and play vinyl and go to as many gigs and festivals that we can. Listen to Radio 6 Music almost all of the time as it plays everything I love.

Great to see what a diverse bunch we all are.....
    howdoo chris, did that stand ever get finished/replaced? it was a few years ago now but last time we were at your place the stand to the left of the away fans was a building site.
    i've only been a couple of times but enjoyed it a lot.

Total Downloaded
    14.62 MB

Quote Originally Posted by AndyJ View Post

...last year at Breda, Does anyone remember that rock and Roll outfit that played, I think the Saturday evening...
    The band that played outside, in the afternoon..?
    My memory is hazy, but there *was* a fantastic rock & roll band at Breda...
    1989 FXST Softail Standard

1988 FLHS Electra Glide Sport

Living well is the best Revenge...

Total Downloaded
    21.74 MB

Quote Originally Posted by chrissy View Post
    howdoo chris, did that stand ever get finished/replaced? it was a few years ago now but last time we were at your place the stand to the left of the away fans was a building site.
    i've only been a couple of times but enjoyed it a lot.
    Hiya Chrissy....yep all finished last season, opened fully in December. Home Park now looks good enough for Championship football again! With Ryan Lowe in charge we certainly seem to be be on the way up again (at last). It will be great to see the ground full again it certainly isn't the same watching games on ifollow.

2004 HD Night Train
    2017 BMW R1200 GS
    1979 Moto Guzzi V50 II

Total Downloaded
    21.74 MB

Quote Originally Posted by kiwidave View Post
    Chris Six Acre, love your sublime musical tastes.

Have you heard this? Amazingly I just picked up a copy in Australia.... get hunting! it's great..... see discogs.com for vinyl versions for sale.

https://phoenixcityall-stars.bandcam...ersion-rockers

Cheers Dave always great to hear something you haven't heard before. I bet you have some stories from your days on the NME. As I have said before seeing the Anarchy Tour in 1976 changed my life in more ways than one.

2004 HD Night Train
    2017 BMW R1200 GS
    1979 Moto Guzzi V50 II

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast