Thread: Advice please. are the engine mounts the same for the 4 and 5 speed early sportsters?

Total Downloaded

Advice please. are the engine mounts the same for the 4 and 5 speed early sportsters?

I'm asking because I'm looking for foot controls to replace the worn out bits I currently have. There are quite a few places advertising forward sets for '91 and up but nothing for the 4 speed. Can I use a set designed for the slightly later model?

Thanks.
    Ride safe, Mike.

Join the Harley-Davidson Riders Club Great Britain

Total Downloaded
    54.01 MB

Re: Advice please. are the engine mounts the same for the 4 and 5 speed early sportst

I think the rubber mount came in about 2004, check out "Ronnies", put the year and model into the search and that will give you all the data you should need to take the gamble:

https://partsfinder.onlinemicrofiche...83-HUGGER-(CE)

Total Downloaded

Re: Advice please. are the engine mounts the same for the 4 and 5 speed early sportst

I have a 2000 XL1200S so these numbers are from the parts manual :
    The top mount is a 1995 part number (16278-95B).
    The top front is 1986 (16214-86) and bottom front are 1984 numbers (16210-84A R and 16212-84 L)
    based on those numbers you shouldn't have any problems fitting 1991 parts to a 1988 model.

Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by Stig57 View Post
    I have a 2000 XL1200S so these numbers are from the parts manual :
    The top mount is a 1995 part number (16278-95B).
    The top front is 1986 (16214-86) and bottom front are 1984 numbers (16210-84A R and 16212-84 L)
    based on those numbers you shouldn't have any problems fitting 1991 parts to a 1988 model.
    Thanks for taking the time to look that up. I was hoping thatr was the case.
    Ride safe, Mike.

Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by Oldguy View Post
    I think the rubber mount came in about 2004, check out "Ronnies", put the year and model into the search and that will give you all the data you should need to take the gamble:

https://partsfinder.onlinemicrofiche...83-HUGGER-(CE)
    Thanks for the heads up.
    Ride safe, Mike.

Total Downloaded

So you made me check the part numbers myself. I shoulda, really. They're identical numbers for the 4 and 5 speed model. I'm good to make a choice, I guess.
    Ride safe, Mike.