Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Downloading Videos from Youtube Using Microsoft Edge.

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    2,088
    Total Downloaded
    888.67 MB

    Downloading Videos from Youtube Using Microsoft Edge.

    Hi.

    I have been downloading music Videos from Youtube Using Internet Explorer (I.E.)
    over the last few weeks.
    When you go to a video a little sign appears above saying "download video" you
    click on it and the video begins to download.

    But sometimes when I try to go to Youtube on I.E. I keep getting redirected every now
    to Microsoft Edge, as it says the site (Youtube) does not work with I.E. anymore.
    But I can get Youtube on I.E. and it does work and I download videos (I only have the weekend).

    I know I.E. is being upsupported from next year.

    So my question is how (if I can) can I download using Edge as no little sign appears
    to click on and start the download video sequence.

    So am I missing something or can you not download any more ?
    FXSTC Dave.


    Join the Harley-Davidson Riders Club Great Britain

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    3,191
    Total Downloaded
    976.92 MB

    Re: Downloading Videos from Youtube Using Microsoft Edge.

    Quote Originally Posted by FXSTC Dave View Post
    Hi.

    I have been downloading music Videos from Youtube Using Internet Explorer (I.E.)
    over the last few weeks.
    When you go to a video a little sign appears above saying "download video" you
    click on it and the video begins to download.

    But sometimes when I try to go to Youtube on I.E. I keep getting redirected every now
    to Microsoft Edge, as it says the site (Youtube) does not work with I.E. anymore.
    But I can get Youtube on I.E. and it does work and I download videos (I only have the weekend).

    I know I.E. is being upsupported from next year.

    So my question is how (if I can) can I download using Edge as no little sign appears
    to click on and start the download video sequence.

    So am I missing something or can you not download any more ?
    Never used IE for years as web sites are ditching it for use - this forum included.

    As far as I'm aware [might be wrong] Edge is a clone of Chrome and with both a separate downloader is needed. I've always used one anyway as it can turn a vid into a mp3 music track if wanted.

    Have a look at this downloader

    can be used in chrome too.

    once installed it will auto pop up the downloader panel when a youtube vid is detected.
    Last edited by TomG; 14-11-2020 at 09:50 PM.

    Join the Harley-Davidson Riders Club Great Britain

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    361
    Total Downloaded
    31.29 MB

    Re: Downloading Videos from Youtube Using Microsoft Edge.

    Quote Originally Posted by TomG View Post
    Never used IE for years as web sites are ditching it for use - this forum included.

    As far as I'm aware [might be wrong] Edge is a clone of Chrome and with both a separate downloader is needed. I've always used one anyway as it can turn a vid into a mp3 music track if wanted.

    Have a look at this downloader

    can be used in chrome too.

    once installed it will auto pop up the downloader panel when a youtube vid is detected.
    Just downloaded this on Chrome and it seems to be working okay.I was using Tampermonkey but it hasn't worked for ages.Cheers Tom.
    I'm not cynical,just experienced. NEVER TRUST ANYONE WHO WEARS A SUIT TO WORK.

    Join the Harley-Davidson Riders Club Great Britain

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    287
    Total Downloaded
    404.93 MB

    Re: Downloading Videos from Youtube Using Microsoft Edge.

    I use this one: https://www.youtubedownloaderhd.com/ - or at least I used to when I was preparing teaching resources... I've never found a way to download directly from Chrome or Firefox...
    Chalky

    Join the Harley-Davidson Riders Club Great Britain

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    2,088
    Total Downloaded
    888.67 MB

    Re: Downloading Videos from Youtube Using Microsoft Edge.

    Hi Tom.

    Thanks for that.

    I've downloaded it and its working.

    It's just annoying when I can get on Youtube with I.E.
    It was just search for video you want, click on "download video" and you're done.

    Now you have to download software to something simple.
    FXSTC Dave.


    Join the Harley-Davidson Riders Club Great Britain

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    2,088
    Total Downloaded
    888.67 MB

    Re: Downloading Videos from Youtube Using Microsoft Edge.

    Hi Tom.

    Just tried to use the downloader on youtube.
    And it comes up with "your 1 day trial has ended upgrade to premium".

    So I doesn't work any more !!!
    So I uninstalled it, then I thought, if I reinstall it, it may start again so I did, but no
    it wants you to upgrade to premium.

    Which is a shame as you could download up to 8 files at a time.

    So I downloaded the software Geoff mentioned.

    But this only lets download 1 file at a time and you have to close it after every download,
    because if you try another URL it comes up with "cannot find YTPlayer".

    But at least it works.

    So I'll have a look on the Internet to see if there are anymore downloaders available to try.
    FXSTC Dave.


    Join the Harley-Davidson Riders Club Great Britain

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    3,191
    Total Downloaded
    976.92 MB

    Re: Downloading Videos from Youtube Using Microsoft Edge.

    Quote Originally Posted by FXSTC Dave View Post
    Hi Tom.

    Just tried to use the downloader on youtube.
    And it comes up with "your 1 day trial has ended upgrade to premium".

    So I doesn't work any more !!!
    So I uninstalled it, then I thought, if I reinstall it, it may start again so I did, but no
    it wants you to upgrade to premium.

    Which is a shame as you could download up to 8 files at a time.

    So I downloaded the software Geoff mentioned.

    But this only lets download 1 file at a time and you have to close it after every download,
    because if you try another URL it comes up with "cannot find YTPlayer".

    But at least it works.

    So I'll have a look on the Internet to see if there are anymore downloaders available to try.
    OOops. Apologies, my mistake.

    Join the Harley-Davidson Riders Club Great Britain

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    2,088
    Total Downloaded
    888.67 MB

    Re: Downloading Videos from Youtube Using Microsoft Edge.

    Hi Tom.

    No worries.

    It's just a pity, because you could download 8 videos at a time and get
    through what you want in a few hours.

    At least the other one works if only 1 video at a time, so taking a bit longer.
    FXSTC Dave.


    Join the Harley-Davidson Riders Club Great Britain

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •