Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Lewis Hamilton most influential black person??

Total Downloaded
    7.56 MB

Re: Lewis Hamilton most influential black person??

Quote Originally Posted by Mick_S View Post
    Agreed.

To me, this is just another part of the onslaught of propaganda that Brits are subject to.

Extremist, minority views are increasingly forced on the public by organisations like the BBC and the press, and people who disagree are immediately badged as bigoted racist, sexist trans-hating homophobes. Remember the backlash against Rowling, the Harry Potter author when she mentioned that only women have periods?

The politicians get in on the act of course, having a minute's silence in the Commons because an American black criminal was killed by American police, yet they will never do the same for any British service man or woman, or policeman or woman, killed in the UK. They also seems to fall over themselves to criminalise behaviours that extremist groups don't like. Is fat- shaming a crime yet? Certainly calling a man pretending to be a woman "a man" on the internet can get someone into serious trouble in the UK.

And, of course, the politicians have succeeded in getting the British public to cower in submission over covid, immediately complying with whatever the latest mad decision is. And baying for people to be locked up if they dare to ask questions about the nonsensical policies.

The Police let groups like extinction rebellion and BLM do whatever they want, yet send in the heavies if a gym stays open, defying Boris' latest dictact.

The starting point for all this is a combination of the schools and universities failing to teach kids how to think, and the idiotic virtue signalling of idiots like Hamilton. The icing on the cake for the extremists in the Jorden Peterson video clip (and all similar issues) is the extent to which hardly anyone takes the time to think and ask serious questions about the underlying issues. The politicians know that the silent masses will just comply, so they increasingly pander to the extremists. Not the right wing ones of course. Only those on the left.

Freedom of speech??? It only seems free for minority, leftist groups these days.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    I have to agree with some of your comments, but despite some of my waffle - I like to find the simplicity in things and for me it's the danger of polarisation.

Left and right extremes are not good for any of us. They just divide people and as you say "hardly anyone takes the time to think and ask serious questions about the underlying issues".

It's important to remember that media offerings are chosen mostly for effect and systematic control. Not to achieve harmony and progress.

If people divorce their emotions, ignore the stuff that's pumped out and simply observe what is really going on they might start to realise that we are all being taken for a ride by those who stir up the trouble for their own gain.
    Keep on Keeping On

Join the Harley-Davidson Riders Club Great Britain

Total Downloaded
    12.33 MB

It will be quite interesting to see what happens when the Floyd case finally has its day in court. His death is clearly an accident, the cop ignores him because he is speaking so much (the cop says as much in the full videos) and Floyd did kick off, a sequence that is obviously skipped by those with an agenda. So assuming the cop gets a good lawyer (from his union maybe?) one could expect that he SHOULD only be convicted of being heavy handed etc? My guess is that the "movement" will only be happy with a conviction for deliberate murder and then the US will have to go through it all again in the inevitable riots?
    What continues to be strange to me is the lack of attention for the black jogger killing, that has the look of a much worse, much more provable case - the rednecks chasing him down in a pickup lacks only a Dukes of Hazzard music score and yet that case has all but disappeared?
    (just wondered when the Commons is planning to have its minute silence for that popular, community supporting cop over here who was shot dead at the custody desk? or did I miss it?)

Total Downloaded
    10.97 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Paul P. View Post
    It will be quite interesting to see what happens when the Floyd case finally has its day in court. His death is clearly an accident, the cop ignores him because he is speaking so much (the cop says as much in the full videos) and Floyd did kick off, a sequence that is obviously skipped by those with an agenda. So assuming the cop gets a good lawyer (from his union maybe?) one could expect that he SHOULD only be convicted of being heavy handed etc? My guess is that the "movement" will only be happy with a conviction for deliberate murder and then the US will have to go through it all again in the inevitable riots?
    What continues to be strange to me is the lack of attention for the black jogger killing, that has the look of a much worse, much more provable case - the rednecks chasing him down in a pickup lacks only a Dukes of Hazzard music score and yet that case has all but disappeared?
    (just wondered when the Commons is planning to have its minute silence for that popular, community supporting cop over here who was shot dead at the custody desk? or did I miss it?)
    Indeed, or the tragic death of PC Andrew Harper at the hands of a different ethnic minority??

Total Downloaded
    10.97 MB

Quote Originally Posted by El Hombre View Post
    I have to agree with some of your comments, but despite some of my waffle - I like to find the simplicity in things and for me it's the danger of polarisation.

Left and right extremes are not good for any of us. They just divide people and as you say "hardly anyone takes the time to think and ask serious questions about the underlying issues".

It's important to remember that media offerings are chosen mostly for effect and systematic control. Not to achieve harmony and progress.

If people divorce their emotions, ignore the stuff that's pumped out and simply observe what is really going on they might start to realise that we are all being taken for a ride by those who stir up the trouble for their own gain.
    People are always going to disagree, that's for certain. We are all too different whether it be by race, colour and creed, or background, education and relative affluence. Obviously the trick is to get the majority agreeing on the majority of issues. The problem as I see it is where to get the information from in order to make a thoughtful, informed decision? The MSM have all got an axe to grind to some degree and this really hit home to me at the outset of the dreaded Brexit issue.

Total Downloaded
    7.56 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Big Si View Post
    People are always going to disagree, that's for certain. We are all too different whether it be by race, colour and creed, or background, education and relative affluence. Obviously the trick is to get the majority agreeing on the majority of issues. The problem as I see it is where to get the information from in order to make a thoughtful, informed decision? The MSM have all got an axe to grind to some degree and this really hit home to me at the outset of the dreaded Brexit issue.
    Sometimes you have to go with your gut instinct. For me it's not difficult to work out that things are not improving and the media is a wash out.

Double Down news is a different view, but who knows who is behind it? I avoid the ideological stuff, that's for idiots. So is genralisation. If anyone's got any decent pointers on trustworthy information, I'll give it a go.
    Keep on Keeping On

Total Downloaded
    12.19 MB

Well if the BLM is intended to get people to focus/debate/discuss inequality in our society then it seems to have achieved that. Which is a good thing in my book in an all inclusive way.

Will be watching F1 practice today, rooting for Lando and McClaren, waving the Union flag and enjoy applauding Lewis in his continued domination of the sport.

Be you a leftie or a rightie or even someone who is strong enough to sit in the middle, I’m sure for us all we want to live in a society were we can live happily together and strive to give all the same opportunities and legal status. An aspiration that may not be achieved in reality but is the intention.

Perhaps we could look at our Club and see wether it reflects our society, was going to use the word demography but I’m not sure if its the right word..

But I think we will find it to be overall made up of white men average age 60, and have a bias for right wing politics... but that is just my own assumption, no evidence to support that view at all.

Note ... this is a chit chat and not intended to offend. We are all in it together and stand in solidarity to support our much loved Club.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    R14 Rep: 07141

As you get older three things happen, first you loose your memory, and I can't remember the other two. Norman Wisdom.

Total Downloaded
    12.19 MB

But to answer the question... Yeh Lewis is very influential black person, Mandela is probably the greatest, Obama in a close second. Perhaps the Question should read "Is Lewis Hamilton the most influential black person alive in the UK?"

This is the website... "HowAfrica" see it.

https://howafrica.com/5-most-influen...-uk-right-now/

As you get older three things happen, first you loose your memory, and I can't remember the other two. Norman Wisdom.

Total Downloaded
    14.37 MB

Quote Originally Posted by michael_dinwiddy View Post
    Well if the BLM is intended to get people to focus/debate/discuss inequality in our society then it seems to have achieved that. Which is a good thing in my book in an all inclusive way.

Will be watching F1 practice today, rooting for Lando and McClaren, waving the Union flag and enjoy applauding Lewis in his continued domination of the sport.

Be you a leftie or a rightie or even someone who is strong enough to sit in the middle, I’m sure for us all we want to live in a society were we can live happily together and strive to give all the same opportunities and legal status. An aspiration that may not be achieved in reality but is the intention.

Perhaps we could look at our Club and see wether it reflects our society, was going to use the word demography but I’m not sure if its the right word..

But I think we will find it to be overall made up of white men average age 60, and have a bias for right wing politics... but that is just my own assumption, no evidence to support that view at all.

Note ... this is a chit chat and not intended to offend. We are all in it together and stand in solidarity to support our much loved Club.

I suspect that one of the most disadvantaged groups in the UK right now is that of the poor white young male (poor in the sense of economically) and I am pretty sure that BLM has no interest whatsoever in this group.

As far as equality in law etc is concerned, I would be surprised if there was a single example of a law that is designed to penalise non white Brits. I have seen the BBC having all female / all BAME requirements for jobs, the target of 40% BAME recruits for the Met Police, a similar target (can't remember the percentage) for BAME people in the BBC (despite BAME being 14% of the population). I can imagine the outcry of racism / sexism if all white / all male quotas existed.

As far as the ideology of "everyone wants to live together peacefully" / "equality for all" is concerned, the position in France, Germany, Sweden etc demonstrates to me that the more countries bend over backwards to accommodate people from different cultures, the more the country changes for the worse. I have thought for years that the UK stance seems to be "Welcome to the UK. Please let us know if anything from our history / culture offends you, and we will change it immediately".
    E.g. black face Morris dancers.

I happen to like and respect the countries that have a different view... the ones who say something like "you can come and live in our country but By God you had better follow our laws .. and if you even think of offending our culture, you will regret it". More of that attitude in the UK would be a very good thing, in my view.

In terms of our club reflecting society, if the BBC / mainstream media were to be believed, we would need about 40% BAME members and about 30% of the club would have to be openly LBGT etc. And our course, the leadership would have to be petty much all female.

Call me old fashioned, but I would prefer the club to be how it is.... a bunch of blokes and ladies who are much more interested in bikes, rallies and non-pc discussions than anything else.

Total Downloaded
    12.19 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Mick_S View Post
    I suspect that one of the most disadvantaged groups in the UK right now is that of the poor white young male (poor in the sense of economically) and I am pretty sure that BLM has no interest whatsoever in this group.

As far as equality in law etc is concerned, I would be surprised if there was a single example of a law that is designed to penalise non white Brits. I have seen the BBC having all female / all BAME requirements for jobs, the target of 40% BAME recruits for the Met Police, a similar target (can't remember the percentage) for BAME people in the BBC (despite BAME being 14% of the population). I can imagine the outcry of racism / sexism if all white / all male quotas existed.

As far as the ideology of "everyone wants to live together peacefully" / "equality for all" is concerned, the position in France, Germany, Sweden etc demonstrates to me that the more countries bend over backwards to accommodate people from different cultures, the more the country changes for the worse. I have thought for years that the UK stance seems to be "Welcome to the UK. Please let us know if anything from our history / culture offends you, and we will change it immediately".
    E.g. black face Morris dancers.

I happen to like and respect the countries that have a different view... the ones who say something like "you can come and live in our country but By God you had better follow our laws .. and if you even think of offending our culture, you will regret it". More of that attitude in the UK would be a very good thing, in my view.

In terms of our club reflecting society, if the BBC / mainstream media were to be believed, we would need about 40% BAME members and about 30% of the club would have to be openly LBGT etc. And our course, the leadership would have to be petty much all female.

Call me old fashioned, but I would prefer the club to be how it is.... a bunch of blokes and ladies who are much more interested in bikes, rallies and non-pc discussions than anything else.

Im sure there are many differing views throughout the Club, and interesting to hear yours.

Total Downloaded
    12.33 MB

If the club does ever face a challenge over its "diversity" (an absurd word because those who flaunt it most readily are usually the least inclusive!) then a bunch of us can "identify" as BAME/gay/trans/non genda - that seems to be all it takes? (I'm putting down for trans because that appears to allow me to take the most offense at anything..)

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast