Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2030 petrol and diesel car and van, NOT motorcycles.

Total Downloaded
    134.53 MB

Re: 2030 petrol and diesel car and van, NOT motorcycles.

Price is an issue. The Toyota Mirai is £65K which is roughly twice the price of the electric Prius. The cost will come down though, same as electric cars are starting to. Infrastructure should be easier to switch to than electric due to the time required. 2.5 mins for 250 mile charge say, isn't too different to filling with petrol or diesel so could potentially use existing filing station pump space, whereas to get the same mileage for an electric car you'd need to tie up a charging bay for what? an hour maybe, on a fast charge, twice on route.

Not really looked into it. It just seems more sensible than everyone switching to electric, that we don't have enough of to meet demand?
    Region 3, North East, Tyne & Wear

Join the Harley-Davidson Riders Club Great Britain

Total Downloaded
    43.40 MB

Yeah definitely looks like the best solution if the price & infrastructure get sorted out.

Total Downloaded
    10.73 MB

Look back at history, any new development via R&D costs money, some companies spend more money on this than others. Look where we are with mobile phones now - they are so much more than just a phone now - from where we were 20 years ago. As the profits come pouring in so the R&D goes up. When the potential profits are there so is the will; covid vaccines in months instead of years. Speaking personally I only see a hydrogen future for buses, trucks and trains, because when you run a fleet, they can all be refilled from one source. We are just at the horizon for electric cars. Future R&D will ensure that batteries get cheaper to make, smaller and much quicker to charge - the potential profits are vast.

Total Downloaded
    186.24 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Dave
    Look where we are with mobile phones now - they are so much more than just a phone now - from where we were 20 years ago.
    Dave, your phones that old, it doesnt do txts.
    It should be in the V&A museum.

Bostin, aye it.

2014 HENDERSON STREET GLIDE.
    2000 ROTAX DAKAR.

Total Downloaded
    10.73 MB

A luddite writes:- Yep, just saying that current phones are amazing. That doesn't mean I personally have to buy into the very latest tech. And all your 'bullying' won't get me on faceache Ian! - nor you Mike! HaHa!

Total Downloaded
    12.33 MB

I'm with you Dave, all my mobiles have been other peoples throwaways, even took one from a toybox and got it a new battery. Though the hybrid route might buy them some time surely the electric route must spell the end for Morgan, after all who would want an electric Morgan? maybe a couple of people but not enough to stay in production. Same must apply to Harley, especially as they continue to price their electric options way beyond the competition? How many times have we been told by non-HD (even anti-HD!) riders "your bike isn't my cup of tea but that sound mate, I wish I had that sound".

Total Downloaded
    186.24 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Dave SRod View Post
    A luddite writes:- Yep, just saying that current phones are amazing. That doesn't mean I personally have to buy into the very latest tech. And all your 'bullying' won't get me on faceache Ian! - nor you Mike! HaHa!
    Wattsap dave, not face ache.
    Get with it grandad.

Bostin, aye it.

2014 HENDERSON STREET GLIDE.
    2000 ROTAX DAKAR.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12