Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Perry’s 50th

Total Downloaded
    12.33 MB

Re: Perry’s 50th

Would be nice to see you there, if your commitments change and allow it. (yes, it is a depressing thought!) So as we have drifted into discussing the event here are my thoughts so far. A combined vintage section event is pretty much a given, it has been done there before and I think Topper is game (yes Topper?). The evening bonfire was a nice feature of most previous events there so that would be good to see again. A simple no frills bbq to cover the late night munchies and some cover in case the weather fails to show due respect, more gazebo than marquee. A nice well considered 50th badge and at least one trophy, maybe a couple one of which should be oldest bike or similar. Maybe a ride out like we always used to have there (the "host" region could maybe plan that or nominate a destination?). I would sound out the Eliot Arms about it, it is a 50th for them as well so they might have some thoughts.

Join the Harley-Davidson Riders Club Great Britain

Total Downloaded
    12.33 MB

(by the way, in case newer members are curious why this event has found itself being discussed in this section, it is because it has had a long tradition of association with the older machines which does become a bit of a default setting for many of us!)

Total Downloaded
    1,018.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Paul P. View Post
    Would be nice to see you there, if your commitments change and allow it. (yes, it is a depressing thought!) So as we have drifted into discussing the event here are my thoughts so far. A combined vintage section event is pretty much a given, it has been done there before and I think Topper is game (yes Topper?). The evening bonfire was a nice feature of most previous events there so that would be good to see again. A simple no frills bbq to cover the late night munchies and some cover in case the weather fails to show due respect, more gazebo than marquee. A nice well considered 50th badge and at least one trophy, maybe a couple one of which should be oldest bike or similar. Maybe a ride out like we always used to have there (the "host" region could maybe plan that or nominate a destination?). I would sound out the Eliot Arms about it, it is a 50th for them as well so they might have some thoughts.
    Sounds promising Paul, but would not hold my breath over anything from the land lady of the Eliot Arms, she is never prepared for the annual pilgrimage, never mind celebrate the 50th! Edible food would be good though, last few years quite a few of us eat at the restaurant (Scholars) further up the road before joining the queue for the bar at the pub.

Total Downloaded
    12.33 MB

As I enjoy a camp stove cook up when there, that is a useful heads up - if Scholars has survived I might sound them out, at least as far as being prepared for us. Back when I was the site contact (like Dave Parker now and Ken Lee before me) I had an agreement with Windy Ridge (the closest roadside cafe) for free drinks with meals on production of club card, maybe some deal like that could be agreed? Thanks Rick.

Total Downloaded
    3.85 MB

Hi Paul. The vintage idea is good, but I personnally would not be there. I would rather give my time to assist Barry Reid with the Vintage and Sportster . Its a more central location . I know its one of the Clubs oldest events and close to the hearts of many club members so dont shout at me please. I can assist with trouphie costs. Cheers Leigh
    East Mids. Asst. Rep. Vintage Secretary

Total Downloaded
    1,018.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by topper View Post
    Hi Paul. The vintage idea is good, but I personnally would not be there. I would rather give my time to assist Barry Reid with the Vintage and Sportster . Its a more central location . I know its one of the Clubs oldest events and close to the hearts of many club members so dont shout at me please. I can assist with trouphie costs. Cheers Leigh

Blast, just realised this clashes with the same weekend as the Baskerville Hall weekend, I will not be attending Perry's either! Wife and I were originally booked in for this year's International, but could not get a refund by the hotel so chose to carry over to the rescheduled event for next summer. Suspect there will be many within the club that will be torn between two great events.

Total Downloaded
    41.85 MB

Which bears out my comments above regarding clashes; and makes Perry's 2022 a better event at which to celebrate the anniversary.

I too had forgotten that the Baskerville Hall event is that weekend; and it being only an hour or so ride from my place, I shall hopefully be there.
    Much less involved.....

Total Downloaded
    12.33 MB

So the committee made the right decision then - it happens more often than many realise!
    As for Leigh, BE THERE OR BE SQUARE! - BUT MAKE IT THE FOLLOWING YEAR! NO LIQUORICE ALLSORTS FOR BEING AWOL!

Total Downloaded
    3.85 MB

Would not want to go Bertie on you! Save one of the bobbly ones in pink please
    East Mids. Asst. Rep. Vintage Secretary

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12