Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Umg?? - omg!!

Total Downloaded
    12.33 MB

Umg?? - omg!!

Why not kick off an addiction to "Wheels Through Time" videos with this one on the "Indian-ized" (Skip, note I used a yank z not a Brit s!) Harley special edition Big Twin flathead. I would be reluctant to challenge anything WTT might say but I have production figures of 150 for '37, 141 for '38 and 82 for '40...so if the cops didn't take up the option then either other forces were game or dealers sold them off catalog to ex-Indian fans? (I do know HD would spread their legs for police contracts)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvixWdlk9nY

Join the Harley-Davidson Riders Club Great Britain

Total Downloaded
    12.33 MB

Re: Umg?? - omg!!

...and to keep your viewing momentum up, the first knuckle!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vc_10nQou4

Total Downloaded
    7.56 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Paul P. View Post
    Why not kick off an addiction to "Wheels Through Time" videos with this one on the "Indian-ized" (Skip, note I used a yank z not a Brit s!) Harley special edition Big Twin flathead. I would be reluctant to challenge anything WTT might say but I have production figures of 150 for '37, 141 for '38 and 82 for '40...so if the cops didn't take up the option then either other forces were game or dealers sold them off catalog to ex-Indian fans? (I do know HD would spread their legs for police contracts)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvixWdlk9nY
    I ache just looking at it.
    Keep on Keeping On

Total Downloaded
    3.85 MB

There is a photo of one in Palmers in black and white trim. Its in a 'shop' setting . The video on the WTT about the 1930 VL small case is good too.
    East Mids. Asst. Rep. Vintage Secretary

Total Downloaded
    7.56 MB

I saw Chris Jones' VL at Baskerville a couple of years ago when he arrived from Scotland. Steam coming off the motor from the rain, steady rhythmic tickover with great exhaust note. I'll never forget that bike.
    Keep on Keeping On

Total Downloaded
    12.33 MB

There is an element of pride for us in the 30VL video when he acknowledges Steve Slocombe of VL Heaven, who has been (is now..?) a member.

Total Downloaded
    3.85 MB

Steve does some very nice bikes. Met him in Holland a few years ago at the Oldtimers
    East Mids. Asst. Rep. Vintage Secretary

Total Downloaded
    41.85 MB

Quote Originally Posted by topper View Post
    Steve does some very nice bikes. Met him in Holland a few years ago at the Oldtimers
    I can offer a lovely Steve Slocombe story.

Back in the mists of time when the Vintage & Sportster was still a fairly new and very small event, Steve, along with Peter Reeve and a couple of their mates in the AMCA scene whose names sadly escape me, turned up with some magnificent bikes which really raised the bar.

Steve was (and still is) an accredited AMCA judge, so I asked him if he would be kind enough to cast his eye over the bikes on the field and offer me his opinions. We walked round together, enjoying pleasant conversation (and admittedly no small amount of rivet-counting) as I kept him informed to the best of my knowledge as to whose bike was whose, and how much owner involvement, as opposed to just financial spend, had gone into them; a very important criteria for both of us.

All went well till we happened upon a Shovel chop, well known to older Club members as the pride and joy of Neil (the Owl Man) Taylor. I can still hear Steve's plaintive voice now; "You don't expect me to judge THAT, do you?....."
    Much less involved.....

Total Downloaded
    3.85 MB

I remember that day well, Steve gave my 1980 Sportster the prize as he deemed it the most original bike there. I was always too skint to change anything other than the service parts, so it stayed original by default not plan.

I'm not sure Batman has ever forgiven me for beating his much older CH to the award.

Ron.

PS is there a "tongue in cheek" emoji.

Total Downloaded
    41.85 MB

That had to be one of the best V&S weekends Ron; and that's saying something because I don't think we ever had a bad one.

If memory serves me rightly, it was also the one where John Hayes gave his masterclass in setting a mousetrap.
    Much less involved.....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast