Thread: Panhead tools

Panhead tools

I’ve finally managed to open my jammed toolbox on my Pan. So I’m looking for suggestions as to what are the most essential tools and parts to carry in it.

Re: Panhead tools

I've asked your question of a well seasoned member who doesn't come on here but in the meantime I'd like to suggest that a few cable ties laid in the floor of the box could lend themselves to many get home fixes.

You could do a search on here for Shovelhead tool kit. There was a thread that listed just about everything
    Keep on Keeping On

Keep on Keeping On

My friend got back to me, just said the usual stuff (re; spanners, screwdriver etc) but not to forget the hex key (or hex rod to fit spanner) for the rear hub.

oops, I forgot to mention he said if it is a Duo then do get the centre stand, the day you need it will make up for the extra weight)
    Last edited by Paul P.; 17-02-2021 at 01:51 PM. Reason: add something

points, condenser ,point file ,, long allen for wheel removal ,general AF spanners screwdrivers ,

insulation tape ,wire, cable tyes ,,, a mult tool ,, small length of tube ,plugs and spanner

that would fill the toolbox ,

but i tend to carry a multi meter pump repair kit and other tools in my pack

john
    (old iron ass)

BMW R80GS winter hack
    1978 FLH80 SHOVELHEAD
    1950 EL hydra glide PANHEAD

Quote Originally Posted by devon.john View Post
    points, condenser ,point file ,, long allen for wheel removal ,general AF spanners screwdrivers ,

insulation tape ,wire, cable tyes ,,, a mult tool ,, small length of tube ,plugs and spanner

that would fill the toolbox ,

but i tend to carry a multi meter pump repair kit and other tools in my pack

john
    I think that was more like what I had in mind. The mobile workshop approach has tools that I wouldn’t know how to use anyway. I’m more likely to use my AA membership if it’s not something simple.
    Ive been after a centre stand, they were quite cheap at one time, but seem to have become less available now I want one.
    Cheers for all the suggestions.

Just remembered another small useful item - cut a single "slice" of household connector, y'know, the small plastic block with two screws in tunnels. Good for reconnecting wires (though twisting bare ends and wrapping in electrical tape still works) and I have also cut the metal part out of one to use as an emergency nipple connector/replacement. Putting a couple of nuts and bolts into any vacant holes around the frame gives you spares at hand wherever you are.