Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: its looking good for the international

Re: its looking good for the international

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    The official line is the Government are reviewing the possibility of a vaccine certificate to attend events or visit a pub, this despite a Government Minister only recently dismissing the idea as anti British!

Now I'm not against having a jab - but I am against needing to carry a card or a piece of paper to prove it! It will become a bureaucratic nightmare, will be a cause of confrontation and the black market will be awash with fake certificates - so what's the point?

Roll the vaccine programme out, encourage take up - but let's not become a police state and demand proof. It's bad enough doing gate duty at a rally and asking for proof of club membership, without also asking for a jab certificate, both of.which can so easily be lost or forgotten!
    its going tobe easy a tattoo V on your forehead simple

if we need to carry a id type card no problem ,,, if thats what it takes to get some normality back .

john
    (old iron ass)

BMW R80GS winter hack
    1978 FLH80 SHOVELHEAD
    1950 EL hydra glide PANHEAD

Quote Originally Posted by michael_dinwiddy View Post
    I went to the Lakes Rally a few years ago, really enjoyed it. BaZa was there and the French Owl.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Baza was there and you enjoyed it ?

Assistant Rep & Treasurer
    Region 19 New Forest

Back in 2019 I was the only club member that I know of from the whole of the South West that rode up to the Lakes Rally, meeting up on the way with a contingent of friends from R7. How times have changed, the Lakes Rally is in my opinion is one of the best in the club rally calender and can't be beaten for the shear beauty of the location (Ruskins View) and the easy walk to the biker friendly town of Kirkby Lonsdale. 2 years on and given its hosting the International, the Lakes Rally will be absolutely packed and a small army from the South West will be heading up north. I may need to do a Devon John and ride up through the night and get their for dawn on the Thursday morning to get a good pitch!

Here's to a fantastic International with large representations from each of our club regions. If you are a new member or yet to have experienced the hospitality of R4 or the surrounding beauty and a stunning Saturday ride out around the Lake District then this is a must do if you like rallies.

Fingers crossed all the lockdown restrictions will be lifted by 21 June.
    i love the lakes rally. i always liken it to putting on your favourite slippers.

Quote Originally Posted by hippy View Post
    seeeing as most of us are old fart
    speak for yourself

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzlin View Post
    Here's one to print;

Attachment 36285

Joking aside, I think the genuine vaccine certificate (if ever required) will contain personal info that you can check against a driving licence/passport etc so you can be sure it's genuine.

As mentioned in the PM brief yesterday, this will more than likely be an annual vaccine as it is currently with the flu jab, as Covid-19 is not going away anytime soon, so I think it's unlikely a proof of vaccine will ever work as it will end up being like the DVLA where you can check online if a person has a valid 'in date' vaccine similar to vehicle tax. Same system could be accessed at airports before you fly to another country and be linked to your passport so when you scan it, it flags up if your Covid-19 jab is valid during your time of travel.

I hope you are right Darren, foreign travel is one thing, but checking up on people for simply attending a rally or wanting a drink from the Devon Rally members run beer tent is going too far - it's hard enough to get some folk to wear a rally wrist band, we don't need the added headache of proof of vaccine aswell.

Hey just had a thought - maybe our Club Membership Cards could have a needle symbol in the corner - jab compliant member?

The official line is the Government are reviewing the possibility of a vaccine certificate to attend events or visit a pub, this despite a Government Minister only recently dismissing the idea as anti British!

Now I'm not against having a jab - but I am against needing to carry a card or a piece of paper to prove it! It will become a bureaucratic nightmare, will be a cause of confrontation and the black market will be awash with fake certificates - so what's the point?

I think with the average age of our club being in the 60's we will of had the jab cinternational lolom

Roll the vaccine programme out, encourage take up - but let's not become a police state and demand proof. It's bad enouge the h doing gate duty at a rally and asking for proof of club membership, without also asking for a jab certificate, both of.which can so easily be lost or forgotten!

I think with the average age of our club being in the 60's we will of had the jab come International rally time
    "Tune in turn on and drop out"

Back in 2019 I was the only club member that I know of from the whole of the South West that rode up to the Lakes Rally,
    Hi Rick, Somerset is South Western. Sharon and me were there.
    I'm not cynical,just experienced. NEVER TRUST ANYONE WHO WEARS A SUIT TO WORK.

Well, a few years ago, the Government scrapped the idea of ID Cards. Guess what's coming Folks?
    A lovely Shiny "I.D. Card" conveniently with your Jab details on too.
    "Yes, you Peasants will need this to travel to Europe now".
    But I'm just miserable.....
    1991 Evo Softail Custom
    2012 Street Glide

Quote Originally Posted by Roach View Post
    Hi Rick, Somerset is South Western. Sharon and me were there.
    Hi John,

Yes you were mate and a very pleasant surprise it was to see you and Sharon, if I remember right your pitch was quite close to the path that was trodden along to get to the rear gate through the wooded area and towards the church & town. I stand corrected - the West R14 was represented, but only me from my area R12 and none from our friends & neighbours across the Tamar R30. I think this year will hopefully be very different, could be a small army from Penzance to Bristol heading up north - "drink up ee Zider" the West Country is coming!

done the lakes many times and hopefully i will get there this year ,,

was trying too think why i didn't go in 2019 but i got a job to remember what day it is ,,,especially now it like ground hog day

john
    (old iron ass)

BMW R80GS winter hack
    1978 FLH80 SHOVELHEAD
    1950 EL hydra glide PANHEAD

Any idea when tickets for the lakes will go on sale?

2019 Fat Bob 114

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast