Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: TYRES: All you should ever need to know :-)

Topefisher Guest

Re: Fatboy Tyres

Thanks Rockin Rooster for the Link

It has left me a little more uncertain.
    It shows 36 psi front & 39 psi rear which differs from the Avon figures given from the dealer by 2 & 5 psi repectively.

Thanks also Girly Glide
    I am now about to contact their technical dept to confirm details.

Join the Harley-Davidson Riders Club Great Britain

Total Downloaded
    334.6 KB

Re: Fatboy Tyres

Quote Originally Posted by Topefisher View Post
    Manuals for my model show 36psi in both for the Dunlops
    Due to differences in casing design and compound used in different brands of tyre, it is to be expected that recommended pressures will vary from tyre to tyre. I once spoke to the very helpful motorbike tyre techie guy at Avon, who advised me that front tyre pressures for Venoms were higher than factory Dunlops as their own testers found it better with a higher pressure. I trust their advice.

Total Downloaded
    37.26 MB

Roag King tyres

Hi, I know this has been done to death before, but I'd like to hear it again please.

As I've decided to keep my RKC, and start riding it in any weather from now on....I need to get rid of the Dunlops that are on at the moment.
    I don't cover many miles, so it's performance I'm looking for rather than getting lots of miles out of a tyre.

I still want to keep full width white side walls if possible, and would like to have the confidence in my tyres to lean on a bend in the wet...which I don't have at the moment with the Dunlops. I've had both the front and back slip in the wet before and I nearly shit myself.

What do you run on your Road Kings that give plenty of grip in all weathers.

BTW it's an 03 model.

Thanks Brian.
    100 Anniversary Road King Classic.

Anglia Region 15 member.

My old man always said if it has tits or tyres...it'll be trouble...and he was right.

Total Downloaded

Re: Roag King tyres

Avon Venoms mate:439:

Walenut Guest

Total Downloaded
    339.94 MB

Brian I have done 40K and my RK is coming up to 4 years in a month and it has been off the road 6 weeks...

During that time I have had Continentals....Metzler's and now Avon Venoms. All wide white wall and all good in the wet. Just avoid the man hole covers and white lines in the road. If you feel the bike start to slide don't brake accelerate out of it. BTW man size nappies are needed for that.!

You may want THIS now you are staying....LOL
    wine [there is the] truth"

Total Downloaded
    10.74 MB

Glad to hear your keeping the faith Brian. Run anything, Metzlers Conti's or Venoms and you will transform the bike compared to running on Dunlops- me I run Venom's, no need to try the others as I'm very happy with the Avons and they're British :wink:

Total Downloaded

I don't run a RK, but a FatBoy and I've just switched from Dunlops to Avon Venom's. The difference is quite noticeable, no longer do I get twitchy round bends, but can now drive into them with confidence.

Total Downloaded
    37.26 MB

Tyres...does this sound about right?

Whilst on Fobys rideout last Saturday, I made a 15-20 mph right turn on a dry road and my Road King Classic started to slide away from me. I had to stamp my right foot twice on the ground to keep the bike from going down. I've got to admit that it made my heart go a bit faster than normal. Dropping the bike on my own is bad enough, but I had my daughter on the back. It could have been nasty....I had an Electraglide right behind me.

I've decided to chuck the Dunlops, even though they've only got 3000 miles on them.

I've only had one quote, it doesn't seem too bad to me, I've no idea if this is a good price or not. They're local to me.

To replace both the tyres on loose wheels with Avon Venoms with full width white walls and balance....£160.90 including VAT.

Does this seem ok, or are there considerably better deals out there...I was going to do this tomorrow morning.

Brian.
    100 Anniversary Road King Classic.

Anglia Region 15 member.

My old man always said if it has tits or tyres...it'll be trouble...and he was right.

Total Downloaded
    334.6 KB

Re: Tyres...does this sound about right?

Brian, I recently paid £190 fitted for a set of non-whitewall tyres and was pleased with that price. IMO the price you have been quoted is excellent. :victory:Pete

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast