Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: To ALL Guests.......non members, people looking in.

spindrifter Guest

Re: Non members

Well, it seems that no almost no-one else shows their name?

I must be honest, this is getting on my nerves. It's all too easy for those guys who have been living with forums for ages. But I find this forum particularly difficult to use. I'm not new to computing but new to forums.

Isn't there an option to show/not show your real name? And if not, why not. I don't like to think that all of my messages can be viewed by the entire world. I would rather be private. If this is not so then will regretfully never use the forum.

So how do all the others hide their name but show as "members"??

My view is that it's not very user friendly.

Join the Harley-Davidson Riders Club Great Britain

Mantis Guest

To be honest this is my third year, and I have only been to one rally, and a few meetings but thats enough for me to know that this one make club was something I felt was worth supporting with my membership fee, hopefully I will get more time this year and money to do a few more rallies.

Total Downloaded
    14.17 MB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    To be honest this is my third year, and I have only been to one rally, and a few meetings but thats enough for me to know that this one make club was something I felt was worth supporting with my membership fee, hopefully I will get more time this year and money to do a few more rallies.
    and you came up to us at the club stand for a chat at excel. x

Still as fast and just as friendly!

so which will I be today?

Total Downloaded
    29.43 MB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by spindrifter View Post

I must be honest, this is getting on my nerves. It's all too easy for those guys who have been living with forums for ages. But I find this forum particularly difficult to use. I'm not new to computing but new to forums.

Isn't there an option to show/not show your real name? And if not, why not. I don't like to think that all of my messages can be viewed by the entire world. I would rather be private. If this is not so then will regretfully never use the forum.

As far as I am aware, names on posts can only be viewed by paid up members of the club. Unless, I suppose, someone decides to put their name in the signature block?

A wizard will be along shortly to give the correct answer
    Last edited by Stuarty; 07-02-2012 at 09:13 PM.

Total Downloaded
    71.02 MB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can't see our names because you aren't signed in as member. This is because within the club, all posts, like letters to the Quin, are owned by their author. No hiding behind nome de inter web. Real names only. Guests however cannot see our real names because it's none of their business. Why would you want to post anything on the site that you would not wish to be attributed to you?
    My advice would be to never ever post anything that you couldn't say to the intended audience face to face, and bare in mind that people are listening. Not that different from chatting in a pub really.

Total Downloaded
    23.91 MB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Everybody who shows as a club member has their name appear in their posts.

However these names only show to other registered members which is why you cannot see them as you are not registered as a member.

The names are not visible to non members.

Hope this helps
    Rob.

russbott Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    +1 with you there mate

Total Downloaded
    581.79 MB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

spindrifter

I have sent you a pm because this thread of Gary's is going off subject.:wink:
    wine [there is the] truth"

MORDUEMAN Guest

Yes, as Baza said, this thread is for non members to express why they have not joined the club, not for existing members thank you

Total Downloaded
    56.41 MB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone new looking in

Yes you have arrived at the website of one of the best Harley Clubs in europe ,
    a few tips tho ,look around at your leisure and see what appeals in your local area.Get along to some of the meets introduce yourself and see if we are the Club for you.If you want some help or advice just ask we don't bite ,but be polite gets you a long way .A sense of humour is vital if you want to get along as some replies will not be what you expect :wink:.Any issues you may have are better resolved via the pm system .The Riders club has a great bunch of guys spread throughout the UK,and as the saying goes you only get out what you put in.
    Enjoy the site and post up in the Newbies say hello section ,you never know could be the best click of a mouse you have made for a long while

Membership is well priced ,and my advice is get around and meet a few of us first then if it suits join up .
    Cheers n stay lucky :wink:

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast